Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    How hard is uni? Got any tips? Got any stories? lets hear it!

Bonus points for anyone studying Business Management with Finance at Swansea or elsewhere.

(Original post by Themini)
    How hard is uni? Got any tips? Got any stories? lets here it!

Bonus points for anyone studying Business Management with Finance at Swansea or elsewhere.
    Depends on the course, it is going to be harder but it is easily manageable particularly in first year if you have a solid working pattern

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magnus Taylor)
    Depends on the course, it is going to be harder but it is easily manageable particularly in first year if you have a solid working pattern
    What course are you studying? How did you find the first year?

What course are you studying? How did you find the first year?
    I read history at the University of Warwick. I've achieved mostly firsts, with two being at 81.

It goes like this at uni for marking- which is different to A level in essay subjects.

http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/fac/arts/h...sment/marking/

As you can see it is very different, I have however enjoyed first year profoundly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magnus Taylor)
    I read history at the University of Warwick. I've achieved mostly firsts, with two being at 81.

It goes like this at uni for marking- which is different to A level in essay subjects.

http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/fac/arts/h...sment/marking/

As you can see it is very different, I have however enjoyed first year profoundly.
    Wow that's mad. So how do you even prepare for assignments/ exams?? There aren't any past papers are they?

Wow that's mad. So how do you even prepare for assignments/ exams?? There aren't any past papers are they?
    Yeah there are past papers for exams, you use the lecture/seminar to provide the foundation for assignments- then further reading to provide the knowledge for the essay.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.