The Student Room Group

Can you still get marks if you get the message of a source wrong? - History

For my history exam, I completely misinterpreted the source, for OCR history Modern World USA land of Freedom. I talked about how the sources showed that the Montgomery movement would go far and was start of a new era . I backed this up with my own knowledge saying how it was the first example of of non-violent direct action and how everyone needed to get involved also described the source, saying it was propaganda published by the movement . Whereas, the real message of the source was how everyone was working together, depicted by the car pools. I twas out of 6 marks; will i get any?
Erm..I don't do neither that exam board nor topic (I do AQA GCSE History B-Peacemaking (TOV and LON), Hitler's Steps to WW2, Cold War (1945-60). Weimar and Nazi Germany and Vietnam War).

However, answering your question generally, on source questions, it's very important you get the message of the source right. My teacher did say its an issue if you get it wrong, make sure you talked about the provenance and content of it and it might get you some marks, as well as the OK. But, the message of the source is key.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending