Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So me and my friends wanna go on holiday the day after results day.

after i call all the uni's and one of them says to me "yes we want you" and then i confirm on the ucas website at 5 o' clock, how quickly do they confirm that i'm on their course. Is it within an hour, on the same day or like a day later or a week later etc?

so yeah, how fast do they 100% confirm that you're on the course after you've chosen your place on the UCAS website. and how do they confirm it, email, phone or waht?

Appreciate any help
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by brobro1260)
    So me and my friends wanna go on holiday the day after results day.

after i call all the uni's and one of them says to me "yes we want you" and then i confirm on the ucas website at 5 o' clock, how quickly do they confirm that i'm on their course. Is it within an hour, on the same day or like a day later or a week later etc?

so yeah, how fast do they 100% confirm that you're on the course after you've chosen your place on the UCAS website. and how do they confirm it, email, phone or waht?

Appreciate any help
    there's a few things to clear up here

a) this is posted in the medicine forum - are you expecting/hoping to apply for a place in clearing for medicine?
    b) UCAS are allowing applicants to add clearing choices from 3pm on results day this year
    c) When a university confirms your place it will show on Track (you'll have a new unconditional firm choice and will be able to download an AS12C letter confirming your university place)

b) means that it's possible that some people will be confirmed with their clearing choice by the end of results day....but there's no guarantees. Every university will deal with clearing applicants differently so it's impossible to say whether it would be done in time.

Is there a reason you can't wait a week to go on holiday?

With a clearing choice once it is confirmed then you'll still need to notify student finance and arrange accommodation (and with clearing that often means arranging private accommodation so finding housemates and finding a house - lots of visits to the town/city you're moving to).

Also it's worth remembering that 1/8 applicants don't have a decision on UCAS Track on results day - their firm/insurance universities will still be making decisions about their application and so if you're waiting for results and have a firm/insurance then you might be waiting 48-72 hours after results to even be PLACED into Clearing....never mind finding a place once you're in clearing)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.