Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

Hope exams are going well for everyone. I had a question that has been occupying my mind for some time to ask.

How likely is it for someone with grades of A*BBC (a modern language, sociology, religious studies, history) to get into QMUL for the bsc computer-science course, including the placement year.

Here's the main issue, I have achieved an C (2013) in my maths GCSE and QMUL state that they require at least a B grade. Such a pity, as I was only 2 marks off.

Is it possible for them to lower the GCSE requirements in clearing?

Thank you in advance

ReputationRep:
    I think that if you were to tell them this on the phone when you go through clearing, they may ask for your raw mark/UMS at GCSE maths and may accept you.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    (Original post by starshine909)
    Hi all,

Hope exams are going well for everyone. I had a question that has been occupying my mind for some time to ask.

How likely is it for someone with grades of A*BBC (a modern language, sociology, religious studies, history) to get into QMUL for the bsc computer-science course, including the placement year.

Here's the main issue, I have achieved an C (2013) in my maths GCSE and QMUL state that they require at least a B grade. Such a pity, as I was only 2 marks off.

Is it possible for them to lower the GCSE requirements in clearing?

Thank you in advance
    (Original post by amg96)
    I think that if you were to tell them this on the phone when you go through clearing, they may ask for your raw mark/UMS at GCSE maths and may accept you.
    This is some good advice! Either that, or phone/email our admissions team to ask:
    Tel: +44 (0)20 7882 5511
    Email: [email protected]
    Hope this helps! -Sarah

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.