Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

When and how in a relationship should you tell your partner about your sexual past? Watch

ReputationRep:
    So I've slept with 2 hookers and I've sworn never be that low again and that I'm a changed person, I asked on reddit about it and they said I need to tell my future partner about it in case it may be a deal breaker and said stuff like if you don't tell them your sexual history, would you like it if they didn't tell you if they had STD's or if the kids aren't yours.

I just don't know when or how to do it and what would be the proper way.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by LimpBizkitFan)
    So I've slept with 2 hookers and I've sworn never be that low again and that I'm a changed person, I asked on reddit about it and they said I need to tell my future partner about it in case it may be a deal breaker and said stuff like if you don't tell them your sexual history, would you like it if they didn't tell you if they had STD's or if the kids aren't yours.

I just don't know when or how to do it and what would be the proper way.
    Maybe bring it up when you start to get more serious, assuming you've been tested and are clean std wise then i wouldnt worry too much about telling a future partner.

ReputationRep:
    I don't necessarily think you have to tell them about your sexual history. This differs per couple and what they individually are comfortable with. But if you're not comfortable discussing it then find someone who is comfortable with not asking and vice versa.

I have never asked my partner about his sexual history because it frankly is not relevant to our relationship who he has slept with in the past. The past is the past and has nothing to do with me or us in the present and future.

STDs on the other hand are a different matter, if you have any current or non curable STDs you should disclose this to your partner so they can decide for themselves whether they want to take the risk of possible contraction of the disease. As this is about both their health.

Kids are also something you should disclose as they should have a right to know where they stand in a relationship and kids can massively impact on that.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.