Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I did Wjec English Language on Tuesday and i don't think i did great. On paper 2, i thought it was letter instead of a report. What marks could i have scored out 20 for that particular question? Also, I have A* for all my coursework. I was wondering what marks i have to achieve in paper 1 and 2 to achieve a B.

ReputationRep:
    Hiya, i feel the same, you need at least 70% for a b. so probably you need at least 50% for each test (paper 1 and 2 ) to achieve a b. But don't be down! Be positive and you will do positive. Thats what I say
    Also well done on the A* on your coursework, seeing you got an A* in your course work im certain you would have done good!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by funkypineapple)
    I did Wjec English Language on Tuesday and i don't think i did great. On paper 2, i thought it was letter instead of a report. What marks could i have scored out 20 for that particular question? Also, I have A* for all my coursework. I was wondering what marks i have to achieve in paper 1 and 2 to achieve a B.
    In total, there are 13 marks for form and layout so I think you have lost them all. Out of 20 about 6/7 for spelling, punctuation, grammar, sentence variety etc so if you did well in that category you could gain those marks. I doubt your gonna get more than 6/7 marks because you have not addressed the question. The exam is only worth 40% while the coursework is 60% so you still stand a good chance of a B but you might end up with a C who knows until the grade boundaries are released.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by milikahyounas)
    Hiya, i feel the same, you need at least 70% for a b. so probably you need at least 50% for each test (paper 1 and 2 ) to achieve a b. But don't be down! Be positive and you will do positive. Thats what I say
    Also well done on the A* on your coursework, seeing you got an A* in your course work im certain you would have done good!
    (Original post by Tinka99)
    In total, there are 13 marks for form and layout so I think you have lost them all. Out of 20 about 6/7 for spelling, punctuation, grammar, sentence variety etc so if you did well in that category you could gain those marks. I doubt your gonna get more than 6/7 marks because you have not addressed the question. The exam is only worth 40% while the coursework is 60% so you still stand a good chance of a B but you might end up with a C who knows until the grade boundaries are released.

is it still possible to get an A?

ReputationRep:
    omg me too!
    I really messed up on the reading I think I got 20/40.
    But everyone kind of messed up the report as it was trending on twitter.
    I'm sure WJEC will take this into account and hopefully lower boundaries. x

ReputationRep:
    yeah, if you got the coursework-A* and at least 15-18 out of 20 for the exam, your bound to get an A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by milikahyounas)
    yeah, if you got the coursework-A* and at least 15-18 out of 20 for the exam, your bound to get an A
    But paper 1 and 2 are out of 40. I messed up question 2 in paper 2.

My prediction for paper 1 and 2 together is 40/80. Is it still possible?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.