Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey, does anyone have any good ideas on how to revise for history as it is quite a complex and hard to remember subject. Especially with all the key dates and events. My Mock exam is going to be about Nazi Germany 1919-1943. what would be the best way to revise and get it stuck in your head? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I usually use flashcards because it is useful when you have list of outcomes or causes. Mind maps are also really useful for linking ideas together and categorising them, which is really helpful in the exam. To remember the dates, stick a timeline up on your wall, and you will subconsciously remember.

However, nothing really helps more than just practising as many questions as possible, because then you waste less time in the exam thinking about the structure etc.

Good luck (Don't worry too much about mocks- they are a learning process)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flammae)
    I usually use flashcards because it is useful when you have list of outcomes or causes. Mind maps are also really useful for linking ideas together and categorising them, which is really helpful in the exam. To remember the dates, stick a timeline up on your wall, and you will subconsciously remember.

However, nothing really helps more than just practising as many questions as possible, because then you waste less time in the exam thinking about the structure etc.

Good luck (Don't worry too much about mocks- they are a learning process)
    Thank you a lot, i think i will try out the timeline, that seems fun and easy! Mocks are basically a practise for GCSE i guess that true, but it will help me see the progress i am making :biggrin:. thank you.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.