The Student Room Group

Did he lie?? please help

Hi guys,

My boyfriend and I are arguing about this because he says he didn't lie, but it seems like he did.

Anyway, he has this friend, lets call her Anna (not her real name). Anna seems to like my boyfriend and constantly makes passes at him despite her being in a relationship. I told my bf i wasn't happy about this and he said he'd reduce contact with her (since they seemed to be going out often, talking a lot etc). Anyway, the other day Anna broke up with her bf and wanted to go round to my bf's house this week and basically have a shoulder to cry on. I told my bf i wasn't really happy about that and he said he wouldn't see her, and he thought he was busy anyway.

Then he tells me that Anna is coming round the next night. He said he wouldn't see her this week, and then planned to see her, which in my opinion is a lie. Its not so much about the fact that he said he wouldn't see her, its the lie. He claims he only said that as he was unsure as to whether he would be able to see her and then realised he would be able to, thus it wasn't a lie. What do you think?
Original post by Anonymous
Anyway, the other day Anna broke up with her bf and wanted to go round to my bf's house this week and basically have a shoulder to cry on.

:facepalm2:

Either Anna is desperately short on friends or is expecting something more from from your boyfriend, at his house, just the two of them.

I'm not sure about the whole lying thing or whether it's a lie or anything like that, but your boyfriend just isn't seeing things they way you are.
Original post by Anonymous
Hi guys,

My boyfriend and I are arguing about this because he says he didn't lie, but it seems like he did.

Anyway, he has this friend, lets call her Anna (not her real name). Anna seems to like my boyfriend and constantly makes passes at him despite her being in a relationship. I told my bf i wasn't happy about this and he said he'd reduce contact with her (since they seemed to be going out often, talking a lot etc). Anyway, the other day Anna broke up with her bf and wanted to go round to my bf's house this week and basically have a shoulder to cry on. I told my bf i wasn't really happy about that and he said he wouldn't see her, and he thought he was busy anyway.

Then he tells me that Anna is coming round the next night. He said he wouldn't see her this week, and then planned to see her, which in my opinion is a lie. Its not so much about the fact that he said he wouldn't see her, its the lie. He claims he only said that as he was unsure as to whether he would be able to see her and then realised he would be able to, thus it wasn't a lie. What do you think?

Probably he likes her more than you so maybe a breakup is necessary to prevent further harm from feelings?

However an age old saying goes:

"A shoulder to cry on becomes a dick to ride on."

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending