The Student Room Group

How does clearing work ???

I have read through the guide from ucas however I did not entirely understand how it works. I have a firm choice and an insurance choice the difference between the two is three grades, however after doing some exams I am worried I may miss both my firm and insurance. If I were to get rejected by both come results day could I then go through clearing with them for the same course (if it is in clearing)???
Original post by Asdfgh123qwerty
I have read through the guide from ucas however I did not entirely understand how it works. I have a firm choice and an insurance choice the difference between the two is three grades, however after doing some exams I am worried I may miss both my firm and insurance. If I were to get rejected by both come results day could I then go through clearing with them for the same course (if it is in clearing)???

No you couldnt, sorry, they get your results 3-4 days before you do so will have had plenty of time to decide whether to take you or not. If you are unsuccessful at your firm and/or your insurance on results day, the only situation in which you should bother contacting them is if you have decided to get a priority remark.

Quick Reply

Latest