Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    have you used it at all?
    we booked our first holiday with it just now eek!!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by shawtyb)
    have you used it at all?
    we booked our first holiday with it just now eek!!
    Have moved this to Travel for you! :excited:

My aunt has used Airbnb before and she got this gorgeous apartment in Paris for a few days and she said that it was really simple and she had no problems with anything. She was worried about damage but it turns out Airbnb insure your property too so it's really well thought out. I don't think you have anything to worry about enjoy your holiday! Where're you going? :woo: We're looking at booking a holiday atm too

Ethan

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iEthan)
    Have moved this to Travel for you! :excited:

My aunt has used Airbnb before and she got this gorgeous apartment in Paris for a few days and she said that it was really simple and she had no problems with anything. She was worried about damage but it turns out Airbnb insure your property too so it's really well thought out. I don't think you have anything to worry about enjoy your holiday! Where're you going? :woo: We're looking at booking a holiday atm too

Ethan
    thankyou!
    iv heard lots of good things about it and theres so many places you can stay and theres new ones popping up all over the place daily!
    were going to barcelona right in the city centre so i think 698 for 5 of us for a week is pretty decent!
    where do yous plan on going?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    thankyou!
    iv heard lots of good things about it and theres so many places you can stay and theres new ones popping up all over the place daily!
    were going to barcelona right in the city centre so i think 698 for 5 of us for a week is pretty decent!
    where do yous plan on going?
    That is an incredible price :shock: have a great time! We're looking at perhaps Greece (Corfu or Rhodes) or Turkey :love: perhaps Spain but we're undecided yet! It's a really great site and you can get really good bargains :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Airbnb and websites like homestay are great.
    they are super great value and they are normally cheaper than hotels and in some cases they work out cheaper than hostels.
    Airbnb are a great company and really work to protect customers from being ripped off, if there is any problem Airbnb works as a mediator between you and the property owner so even if something does come up you have some back up

I don't know if you are renting a few rooms and the host will be living there at the same time or if you have rented the whole property, but the hosts are always super helpful. They often have great tips on places to visit, restaurants (the ones the locals go to are always the best) and ways to get around, so do drop them a message they are always happy to help.

I have just booked an Airbnb for my trip this summer

Have a great time in Barcelona!

ReputationRep:
    Never been too sure about staying in someone else's house but it can be really cheap for a weekend city break

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iEthan)
    That is an incredible price :shock: have a great time! We're looking at perhaps Greece (Corfu or Rhodes) or Turkey :love: perhaps Spain but we're undecided yet! It's a really great site and you can get really good bargains :yes:
    i know its so cheap! especialy as its right next to a few tourist attractions such as the zoo which is literally on our door step!
    oh cool! my sister flew to turkey today actually, why dont you use airbnb to find somewhere?

(Original post by lukeo16)
    Airbnb and websites like homestay are great.
    they are super great value and they are normally cheaper than hotels and in some cases they work out cheaper than hostels.
    Airbnb are a great company and really work to protect customers from being ripped off, if there is any problem Airbnb works as a mediator between you and the property owner so even if something does come up you have some back up

I don't know if you are renting a few rooms and the host will be living there at the same time or if you have rented the whole property, but the hosts are always super helpful. They often have great tips on places to visit, restaurants (the ones the locals go to are always the best) and ways to get around, so do drop them a message they are always happy to help.

I have just booked an Airbnb for my trip this summer
    thats really good to know as i did worry about that a bit! especially as she popped up in the last few days as a new renter person

we booked out the whole house but i dont mind if she stays, and yea im gonna ask her about local thins, iv done alot of research on the local things and there is absoloutely loads nearby! including a shop called *******!! haaa!!!

where have you booked it for? do you book with them much? i assume so

(Original post by orange crush)
    Never been too sure about staying in someone else's house but it can be really cheap for a weekend city break
    i initially worried but its not much differnet from staying at someones house for the weekend and there just not there lol.

ReputationRep:

i've just spoken to the host and shes been giving me info about the area and said shes gonna give us a list when we get there eek!!! its so exciting!

ReputationRep:

where have you booked it for? do you book with them much? i assume so

I booked one for Harare in Zimbabwe and another for Cape Town

I have used them once before and I had a great experience with them so decided to book again

ReputationRep:
    I booked one for Harare in Zimbabwe and another for Cape Town

I have used them once before and I had a great experience with them so decided to book again
    bloody hell thats quite far out!
    how much u paying for those ?

ReputationRep:
    bloody hell thats quite far out!
    how much u paying for those ?
    Its taken a lot of saving to get a trip out there

Harare was £15 per night and I am there for one night
    Cape Town was £55 including breakfast for 5 nights

ReputationRep:
    Its taken a lot of saving to get a trip out there

Harare was £15 per night and I am there for one night
    Cape Town was £55 including breakfast for 5 nights
    yea i can imagine!!
    £15 a night is bloody good!!!! ours is 122 (roughly) a night
    cape town sounds cheap too! i imagine the flights are more expensive

ReputationRep:
    yea i can imagine!!
    £15 a night is bloody good!!!! ours is 122 (roughly) a night
    cape town sounds cheap too! i imagine the flights are more expensive
    122 split between 5 is really good value especially for a big European city

Cape town is so cheap, like you can get a main course in a nice restaurant for £2. and all of the attractions which you think would be expensive as they are tourist magnets are surprisingly cheap.

the flights were very expensive but luckily I bought them when they were on sale

ReputationRep:
    122 split between 5 is really good value especially for a big European city

Cape town is so cheap, like you can get a main course in a nice restaurant for £2. and all of the attractions which you think would be expensive as they are tourist magnets are surprisingly cheap.

the flights were very expensive but luckily I bought them when they were on sale
    and its directly in the city centre too!

seriously?!?!? thats crazy cheap!!
    how do u know when flights are on sale? itl help me in the future

ReputationRep:
    and its directly in the city centre too!

seriously?!?!? thats crazy cheap!!
    how do u know when flights are on sale? itl help me in the future
    That's great! saves on time and transport costs and better if you want to go for a night out

Its brilliant that's why I love travelling outside Europe because once you are there its so much cheaper.

Most Airlines have sales in January as a new years thing and that's when I booked mine as they were about 20% cheaper

But also look at price comparison sites like Momondo as they often can give cheaper flight than if you were to book with the airline directly, you can also sign up for price alerts so they will send you an email when the ticket price falls.

ReputationRep:
    That's great! saves on time and transport costs and better if you want to go for a night out

Its brilliant that's why I love travelling outside Europe because once you are there its so much cheaper.

Most Airlines have sales in January as a new years thing and that's when I booked mine as they were about 20% cheaper

But also look at price comparison sites like Momondo as they often can give cheaper flight than if you were to book with the airline directly, you can also sign up for price alerts so they will send you an email when the ticket price falls.
    we have the kids with us so we cant but theres still plenty to do

must be lovely to like somewhere so cheap
    we heard budapest is cheap too and we plan on going there also

oh cool! il have to remember that!

il defo look into that! thankyou <3

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 11, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.