Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    For AQA C3.5, do we need to know the effect of concentration of equilibrium?

ReputationRep:
    No idea. Check the specification.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PenguinNinja)
    I believe it is just temperature and pressure.

ReputationRep:
    no. U have a specification for a reason?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PenguinNinja)
    Yes we do-
    Increase conc. of reactants- higher yield and vice versa

ReputationRep:
    I remember when I was doing GCSES I did learn this for part of C2/3... I will try to explain it to you as simply as possible- no harm in knowing something extra!
    It is all to do with Le Chatalier's Principle which states that when a system in equilibrium is disturbed, the position of equilibrium will **** to reduce the effect of the disturbance. So lets say you have an equation:

A+B goes to C+D... lets say you increase the concentration of D- the position of equilibrium will shift to the left- the backwards reaction will increase so that the extra D gets used up

hopefully that makes sense

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by surina16)
    I believe it is just temperature and pressure.
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lola1244)
    I remember when I was doing GCSES I did learn this for part of C2/3... I will try to explain it to you as simply as possible- no harm in knowing something extra!
    It is all to do with Le Chatalier's Principle which states that when a system in equilibrium is disturbed, the position of equilibrium will **** to reduce the effect of the disturbance. So lets say you have an equation:

A+B goes to C+D... lets say you increase the concentration of D- the position of equilibrium will shift to the left- the backwards reaction will increase so that the extra D gets used up

hopefully that makes sense
    thanks so much :^_^:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.