Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

BTEC Assignments

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

How are BTEC assignments sent to the examiner and how are they marked? Do they send all assignments or some samples? How likely are grade changes?

Thanks,

- HF

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HighFructose)
    Hi,

How are BTEC assignments sent to the examiner and how are they marked? Do they send all assignments or some samples? How likely are grade changes?

Thanks,

- HF
    If you still need this answering..

I can't say How they're sent off, because I don't know that bit myself,

The marking is the same as any internal assessment -

1)Your assessor marks the work, and gets it X-marked if necessary, this is usually on the higher criteria of M/D.
    2) External moderators are sent a sample of the candidates' work (usually the entire work the student has done on the given unit), the moderators mark the sampled work, and if the marks allocated by the internal assessor are consistent and the moderator agrees then all is good, however, if there's a disagreement with marks allocated then all work is usually sent off and scrutinised.

Grade changes are unlikely unless the tutor is an idiot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Binary Freak)

1)Your assessor marks the work, and gets it X-marked if necessary, this is usually on the higher criteria of M/D.
    2) External moderators are sent a sample of the candidates' work (usually the entire work the student has done on the given unit), the moderators mark the sampled work, and if the marks allocated by the internal assessor are consistent and the moderator agrees then all is good, however, if there's a disagreement with marks allocated then all work is usually sent off and scrutinised.

Would there be any negative bearing if my work is submitted slightly late?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LeiPoorGuyAh)
    Would there be any negative bearing if my work is submitted slightly late?
    Your teachers will be mad at you but it shouldn't affect your grade, unless they have rules which means you can't get above a Pass if you submit work late. Depends on your college - you should have been told your colege's rules for late work.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Binary Freak)

Hi thank you very much. You are correct.

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?
Useful resources

Features

Blinkered horse

Take off your BTEC blinkers

Find out the truth behind the BTEC myths.

Polling station sign

BTEC essentials

What you really need to know about studying BTEC.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.