The Student Room Group

Finding it hard to trust

I've been with my bf for 1 year now and I've started going through a phase where I'm struggling to trust him.

In general I'm not a very trusting person but recently it's been getting worse and I don't know what to do.

He's such an amazing bf and I would really like to work on the relationship.

However I notice small things which make me question things.

Firstly, he is very "private" with his phone. He would never leave it lying around if I'm there and sometimes he doesn't answer messages in front of me.

I've also noticed that on fb there's a girl that always loves all his pics and he likes hers sometimes too. She also tagged him in a pic of herself recently.

I know it seems trivial but he has betrayed my trust a little in the past and this makes me question everything.

Sorry for the long post but any advice would be good.
How old are you two? Sometimes we all need a bit of privacy but if it's your first relationship then you might feel a bit more worried about it all.

If it really can't get off your mind, be open about it and ask to discuss it. Don't go in with an accusing tone as nothing good can come out of it, most of all, don't try to make it work if the other person isn't going to put just as much work into it too :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
I've been with my bf for 1 year now and I've started going through a phase where I'm struggling to trust him.

In general I'm not a very trusting person but recently it's been getting worse and I don't know what to do.

Firstly, he is very "private" with his phone. He would never leave it lying around if I'm there and sometimes he doesn't answer messages in front of me.

I've also noticed that on fb there's a girl that always loves all his pics and he likes hers sometimes too. She also tagged him in a pic of herself recently.

I know it seems trivial but he has betrayed my trust a little in the past and this makes me question everything.

All I got to say whatever you do, have your back. If you believe and know what you're doing is right then don't back down. Also, if he doesn't realize how important you are, doesn't respect you and how how you you feel, leave him. You ain't got time for that.
Original post by Anonymous

Firstly, the relationship won't work if you can't learn to trust him; bear that in mind.

In regards to his phone, it is his property and what he does on there is his business. Assuming he has always been like this then there is nothing you can say or do, and you will just have to learn how to trust. This scenario is much better than if he hadn't minded you looking at his phone before and has suddenly prevented access, because then there might be cause for concern, but at the moment everything sounds okay/normal.

Jealous is normal in a relationship, but don't let it control your emotions. Facebook tags count for jackshit in reality, and social media in general is not a accurate representation of one's feelings towards another human being; I like content that girls on my FB share on a regular basis, but I have no interest in them bar being acquaintances.

How did he betray your trust in the past?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending