Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Thought I'd start a thread for any predictions for paper 2 - any ideas?

ReputationRep:
    I can't really remember what was in paper one... I only remember quite a lot of pressure and density questions.
    Its probably gonna ask us about waves and electricity... No clue though

ReputationRep:
    Total Internal Reflection
    Optical Fibres
    Speed
    Distance Time Graphs

ReputationRep:
    probably momentum since they always come up in the 2p past papers

ReputationRep:
    do you think moment questions will come up? (i hate those questions!!)
    also i can't really remember, but there wasn't a lot about radiation was there?

ReputationRep:
    Moments
    Momentum
    Terminal Velocity
    Fuses & Earthing
    Ray diagrams
    GPE stuff
    Brownian motion
    Absolute Zero
    Uses of radioactivity
    Nuclear equations
    Particle theory - Geiger, Marsden, Rutherford etc.
    Energy resources and renewable energy types
    Analogue and Digital signals

ReputationRep:
    There was all the stuff about infared radiation with the polar bear, so heat transfer is more likely to be about conduction or convection IMO(5 mark question on the latter?). Same for optical fibres/TIR/light reflection, that was kind of done with the polar bear and the sini/sinr questions, and there was some hard stuff on theoretical nuclear stuff. Probably more magnetism, maybe speakers or transformers, and I wouldn't bet against a power station question of some variety(geothermal, coal, solar, pumped storage etc. and their arguments for and against as there's been a lack of industrial science in any EdExcel paper for science, but probably not nuclear). Radioactivity-GM tube, Rutherford, half-lives, radiotherapy etc.; one of those is likely, and could perhaps be linked to a question on the electromagnetic spectrum.
    In terms of simpler stuff, fuses/earth wires and pressure volume/kelvin equations would be a good bet.
    And momentum, as everyone has already said.

ReputationRep:
    Triple only topics:
    Forces: Momentum, Newton III, Moments
    Electricity: Electric charge (knowing material types for conductors and insulators is double, EVERYTHING ELSE is triple)
    Waves: Diffraction, Signals (analogue, digital), Oscilloscopes, Wave perception (pitch: frequency, loudness: amplitude)
    Energy: Energy production
    SLG: Changes of state, Kelvin temperatures
    Electromagnetism: Electromagnets*, Field patterns (for different magnet types), Transformers
    Radioactivity: None

Electromagnets (triple)
    6.9 describe the construction of electromagnets6.10 sketch and recognise magnetic field patterns for a straight wire, a flat circular coil and a solenoid when each is carrying a current6.11 understand that there is a force on a charged particle when it moves in a magnetic field as long as its motion is not parallel to the field

ReputationRep:
    they'll probably ask about:

-electric charge.
    -transformer and how they work (possibly calculations)
    -moments
    -momentum
    -that 3 marker pressure question
    -terminal velocity
    -magnetism and electromagnetism
    -convection, conduction and radiation
    -analogue and digital signals

im also expecting a bunch of calculations since there wasnt many in paper 1

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely screwed for this exam if electromagnetism/motors are worth lots of marks. More moments, diffraction, Brownian motion and renewable enegrgy questions may get me an a* though (CC: @Edexcel)

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got an unofficial mark scheme for chemistry or physics?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daisie)
    Anyone got an unofficial mark scheme for chemistry or physics?
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4167189 chem paper 2

ReputationRep:
    Paper 2: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=4785866

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.