The Student Room Group

Worked Mark scheme for Maths Edexcel 2016

Scroll to see replies

Thank you so much for this:h:I scored in my 80s, so I hope this paper brings up paper 1 for me.
How did you do?
Original post by Samii123
T

There has been ranges on past papers for angles before though.
Maybe there has, I don't recall seeing any though, especially when you're told to round to a certain amount of s.f or d.p and the question's six marks.
But you may be correct though. :smile:
Thank you:tongue: and me too:cry2: and omg that is amazing! So happy for you:heart::hugs:
you certainly did, and aw best of luck to you too:h:
I'm not sure if anyone's mentioned this, but I'm pretty sure in Q11 you're meant to add the £17.50 to the £24.78 to yield £42.28.

Edit: Looks like people have mentioned it. Anyways, the proper answer's in bold.
(edited 7 years ago)
Well now you're guaranteed atleast 1 A* :wink: Well done :smile:
Thank you, this one makes so much more sense! Now I feel much happier about it :smile: (Think I got 88 and 89)
(edited 7 years ago)
Thank you! :smile:
for question 4 (crisp packet) i got all of them to 2 instead of 1. is that ok? e.g. in the small packet i got 44p. (4 / 9) I still got the small packet as the correct answer. and for the large pack i did 6/13 so 0.461538 = 46 p?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 69
For the last question, how many marks do you think I would get for working out up to 40 degrees? 1 mark or 2?
Original post by bulbs
For the last question, how many marks do you think I would get for working out up to 40 degrees? 1 mark or 2?

Hopefully two because there was quite a lot to do up to that point, I did the same as you, it made it seem like it was the end already :smile:
Hi! I' m going to apply to study Spanish next year and would like to hear from current students at :
Glasgow, Stirling, Strathclyde, Heriott Watt, Edinburgh Napier, Kings College London! Is the course good? Any problems? Thank you for your help!!
Original post by student2607
Hopefully two because there was quite a lot to do up to that point, I did the same as you, it made it seem like it was the end already :smile:
you should definitely get 2 marks because the question was six marks and there were three formulas required SIne, Cosine and Area of a triangle, you used one which is a third of the question, so should be 2 as a third of 6 is 2. :smile:
Original post by hamza772000
You actually... :biggrin: Thanks. :colondollar:

I need help for my statistics exam.
Original post by hermonbrhane
I need help for my statistics exam.
I'm sorry, I don't do that, is that Further Maths?
Omg i think i might have actually got an A!!! :biggrin:

(This is a big deal for me i used to be in set 4 and am currently in set 3)
Original post by CopyThat
Omg i think i might have actually got an A!!! :biggrin:

(This is a big deal for me i used to be in set 4 and am currently in set 3)

That's actually amazing bro :eek: Well done!
Reply 77
What are your predictions for the grade boundaries?
Original post by hamza772000
you should definitely get 2 marks because the question was six marks and there were three formulas required SIne, Cosine and Area of a triangle, you used one which is a third of the question, so should be 2 as a third of 6 is 2. :smile:

I only used the cosine rule and got the right answer? Will i lose working marks? I felt it was quicker without doing sine ?>
you know you don't have to say your mark in every single reply...

Quick Reply

Latest