The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 Religious Studies, Unit 3, Developments: What to revise?

Hi, my RS A2 unit 3 exam is this Wednesday and I'm just wondering what I definitely should be revising for.

For philosophy, I've been revising religious language and religious experience. Should I be revising for critiques of religious belief too? Or do both religious language and religious experience questions come up in every exam?

For ethics, I've been revising meta-ethics, religion and morality and deontology. I'm a bit confused as to whether I need to revise virtue ethics or natural moral law AND deontology or whether I just pick one of the three?

If someone could let me know what topics I definitely 100% need to revise that would be great thanks!!

Scroll to see replies

You need to revise all three regarding deontology, natural moral law and virtue ethics as either ones could come up.
Are you doing edexcel like me though, because maybe it's different if yiou are doing a different board?
Religious language and meta-ethics are always there unspanned
Isla, are you doing religious language?
Original post by Isla-H
Religious language and meta-ethics are always there unspanned

Are you doing religious language?
Yeah I've revised religious language, meta ethics, ontological argument and deontology
Reply 7
Original post by Booka1997
You need to revise all three regarding deontology, natural moral law and virtue ethics as either ones could come up.

Okay, so for ethics I need to revise deontology, virtue ethics, natural moral law, meta-ethics AND religion and morality? Am I missing anything?

And for philosophy should I be revising anything in addition to religious experience, religious language and critiques of religion? I don't understand how there's 5 topics within ethics that could appear in the exam but only 3 in the philosophy half.
Does the ontological argument definitely come up? Or is it possible it wont?
Original post by popo12twenty

The only tine in wasnt there was the specimin question I think. But there's the possibility it could be spanned with critiques of religion
Original post by Isla-H
The only tine in wasnt there was the specimin question I think. But there's the possibility it could be spanned with critiques of religion

So it will definitely come up?
Reply 11
The ontological argument always comes up i think and as far as i know it is always paired with religious experience.
[QUOTE=popo12twenty;65716013

I never learnt about the ontological argument at my sixth-form so I'm guessing if you've revised for religious language, critiques of religion and religious experience you'll be ok
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by nicolesharp
Hi, my RS A2 unit 3 exam is this Wednesday and I'm just wondering what I definitely should be revising for.

For philosophy, I've been revising religious language and religious experience. Should I be revising for critiques of religious belief too? Or do both religious language and religious experience questions come up in every exam?

For ethics, I've been revising meta-ethics, religion and morality and deontology. I'm a bit confused as to whether I need to revise virtue ethics or natural moral law AND deontology or whether I just pick one of the three?

If someone could let me know what topics I definitely 100% need to revise that would be great thanks!!

I'm taking the same paper on Wednesday too and I've revised Religious exp, Natural moral law, deontology, atheism, Life after death and left the whole of q4 out becauase I don't get it haha. I wouldn't bother revising ALL 3 of deontology, virtue ethics and NML because one of the two that you revise is always going to come up (I've missed out virtue ethics completely). I hope this makes sense??
Also I'm praying that R+M DOESN'T come up as I haven't revised it properly ahh!:nah:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by emilyyy__5
I'm taking the same paper on Wednesday too and I've revised Religious exp, Natural moral law, deontology, atheism, Life after death and left the whole of q4 out becauase I don't get it haha. I wouldn't bother revising ALL 3 of deontology, virtue ethics and NML because one of the two that you revise is always going to come up (I've missed out virtue ethics completely). I hope this makes sense??
Also I'm praying that R+M DOESN'T come up as I haven't revised it properly ahh!:nah:

R&M is due to come up as it didnt come up in AS and didnt come up last year! But you only have to do one Ethics, so if you're prepared for deontology & natural moral law you should be fine :smile:
Original post by skytrenfield
R&M is due to come up as it didnt come up in AS and didnt come up last year! But you only have to do one Ethics, so if you're prepared for deontology & natural moral law you should be fine :smile:

But it could be combined with NML and then deontology is a separate question :P I'm hoping anyway!!
Original post by emilyyy__5
But it could be combined with NML and then deontology is a separate question :P I'm hoping anyway!!

Ahh yes that's true - I just hope it comes up separately!! :P
How are people feeling for this exam? I had psychology this morning so have been focusing on that so feeling pretty awful!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by coolting
How are people feeling for this exam? I had psychology this morning so have been focusing on that so feeling pretty awful!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same! I had psych too so have had hardly any time for this one! I wish it was a PM exam!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
I had psychology this morning too! Would i be ok if i only revise ontological, religious experience and deontology?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending