Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Starting American football at 26!! Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,I am starting Teesside university in September and have been looking through their websites trying to get to grips with everything etc. I am quite a sporty person and would quite like to take part in some sports teams but with me being a mature student (26) I am wondering if I could? Are there separate teams for matures? I really like the look of American football but being a mature student has been playing on my mind. If anyone can help answer if I could or not I would be grateful. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lynx12)
    Hi everyone,I am starting Teesside university in September and have been looking through their websites trying to get to grips with everything etc. I am quite a sporty person and would quite like to take part in some sports teams but with me being a mature student (26) I am wondering if I could? Are there separate teams for matures? I really like the look of American football but being a mature student has been playing on my mind. If anyone can help answer if I could or not I would be grateful. Thanks
    American Football would welcome you and your age would probably be in your favour if you have trained and taken sport seriously in the past. It's not uncommon in the US for college players to delay going to college for this reason. AF teams usually have a really good social side. Finding 40 players for one team is a challenge so no, no separate team for mature players.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lynx12)
    American Football would welcome you and your age would probably be in your favour if you have trained and taken sport seriously in the past. It's not uncommon in the US for college players to delay going to college for this reason. AF teams usually have a really good social side. Finding 40 players for one team is a challenge so no, no separate team for mature players.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.