The Student Room Group

Graphics exam help

From what I've read it seems to be a trend in every school, but my school only has one Graphics teacher and they're absolutely awful... we spent all of our time from Year 10 right through to just lately DOING COURSEWORK (I only just finished mine the week before Easter, but other people were still doing it after) so I know next to no theory at all.

I think I'm pretty good on the design questions and the questions I do the worst on (from the 2.5 past papers I've actually done) are the questions where you have to fill in the stages of each stage of manufacturing/use of materials/use of tools/etc.? Does anyone know of any resources that would help with this??

And what do you think could come up this year/what do you think the design question might be?

I have an A* in my coursework and I really want to keep that grade seeing as I spent so much time and effort doing coursework and I at least want to get something good out of the most boring subject ever :-((
Original post by sofia00
From what I've read it seems to be a trend in every school, but my school only has one Graphics teacher and they're absolutely awful... we spent all of our time from Year 10 right through to just lately DOING COURSEWORK (I only just finished mine the week before Easter, but other people were still doing it after) so I know next to no theory at all.

I think I'm pretty good on the design questions and the questions I do the worst on (from the 2.5 past papers I've actually done) are the questions where you have to fill in the stages of each stage of manufacturing/use of materials/use of tools/etc.? Does anyone know of any resources that would help with this??

And what do you think could come up this year/what do you think the design question might be?

I have an A* in my coursework and I really want to keep that grade seeing as I spent so much time and effort doing coursework and I at least want to get something good out of the most boring subject ever :-((

Must be a DT Teacher trend as I too have a useless DT teacher. I'd suggest you grab hold of a CGP revision guide as they condense the whole specification to everything you need to know and it's COLOURFUL! :biggrin:
Reply 2
you got A* in your coursework? i took graphics and its my weakest subject
woah what exam board do you use and what was coursework based on?
I did graphics gcse, I got an A*. Because you got an A* in the coursework an high A may also get you that A* overall.
What I did was just memorise the cgp book and that's it. Maybe do some past papers too?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
From what i've seen the past 2 years the grade boundaries have been quite low; 53/80 last year and 49/80 in 2014, so will probably be a little higher this year (Edexcel). The key things you need to know include uses of materials, forming and finishing techniques, and a bit on climate change, renewable energies etc, which you've probably already done in some of your other subjects.
Reply 5
Original post by Haroony
you got A* in your coursework? i took graphics and its my weakest subject
woah what exam board do you use and what was coursework based on?

It's AQA and it was based on an animated fairytale film for children, I had to make a poster, free standing display prototype and ticket
Reply 6
Original post by sofia00
It's AQA and it was based on an animated fairytale film for children, I had to make a poster, free standing display prototype and ticket

lucky i do edexcel and most of the coursework is just filling in a presentation which is boring and hard :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest