Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My 'first love' split up with me the other day and it hurts like a *****. Everything reminds me of him.

He cried when we broke up which leads me to believe there were feelings involved (could this be so?)

I honestly have not felt like this before and can't cope
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    My 'first love' split up with me the other day and it hurts like a *****. Everything reminds me of him.

He cried when we broke up which leads me to believe there were feelings involved (could this be so?)

:hugs:

It is very painful over the first few days.

You just have to block him, delete contacts, messages, gifts, anything that reminds you of him that you can get rid of. Focus on things you enjoy, maybe do something that gives you a sense of progress (eg reading or learning something), and it's cliched but you have to give it time, and with every passing day it should hurt less and less.

All the best.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

I do not understand.
    You cry
    He cries.
    Why did you break up?

(Original post by M14B)
    I do not understand.
    You cry
    He cries.
    Why did you break up?
    Nor do I

ReputationRep:
    I know how you feel. It hurts so much when someone you truly cares about leaves you.
    You just need to delete all his messages, block him, unfollow whatever. Get rid of anything that reminds you of him and try and talk to someone, like one of your friends or your family.

Maybe it was all for the best. Things happen for a reason, you just need to accept this and move on.

:hugs:

ReputationRep:
    There's always feelings involved during a break-up, unless someone's just cold-hearted.

Delete, block, focus on yourself. Move on with your life.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 12, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.