Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've applied to KFC, Subway, McDonald's, Asda, Tesco and Aldi.

But I just never even get an interview,
    Any ideas ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lol123456789)
    I've applied to KFC, Subway, McDonald's, Asda, Tesco and Aldi.

But I just never even get an interview,
    Any ideas ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You aren't demonstrating clearly enough that you have the skills for customer service/retail roles. Don't bang on about exam results, IT skills etc in your applications, make sure you focus on showing you are good with people, you can communicate, you can handle money etc, all the things you have to do in a retail, customer service role.

ReputationRep:
    Have different CV's and template cover letters for different fields of work, tailor each to make you sound impressive for that type of job.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe try jazzing your cv up some more? I have recently started getting a lot more interviews after I spent like 3 hours on my cv making it look nice visually but making sure to highlight the things theyre looking for.

Most of the time while youre doing youll probably remember more stuff to put on it too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The guys are right its how you are coming across on your CV. You can send me a copy of your CV i can review it for you and give you some tips on how to sell yourself. whilst highlighting areas of improvment

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.