The Student Room Group

A Level Opinion Needed

Hi I am certain that I will be doing Law at Uni and I am going to choose History, Economics and Gov+Politics at A-level. What fourth subject do you think would go well with these 3?
Something you enjoy.
Original post by edothero
Something you enjoy.

All the 3 I have chosen I think I will thoroughly enjoy but I havn't a clue about a fourth subject I feel like I am being forced to choose something I don't want to
Original post by GCSE2016Troop
All the 3 I have chosen I think I will thoroughly enjoy but I havn't a clue about a fourth subject I feel like I am being forced to choose something I don't want to

Choose the subject you're best at then.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by GCSE2016Troop

Right, let me give you the run down:

To study Law at university, most universities (including the ones at the top) do not require a specific subject. Though it is best that you have a couple essay-based subjects.
What you have at the moment is good. To get into university, you only need 3 A-Levels, though it is highly recommended that you start with 4, in case one doesn't quite go to plan.

Maths is also a good option as it is a different way of problem solving, a valuable skill.

In the end, you'll be studying this subject for 1 maybe 2 year(s) at a high level. So pick something you enjoy or something that interests you.

Good luck :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Hey,
Why don't you give a list of the 4th subject(s) you're considering and how you feel about each one? :smile:

Also, remember you can drop one subject at the end of year 12, which may be useful to be in mind OR the fact that you can change subject among the first few weeks (I think)

Quick Reply

Latest