Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    What are all the unis which as soon as you meet minimum GCSE entry requirements, they don't look at them anymore. Such as St Georges which uses a point-based system, so as soon as you have enough points they stop looking at your GCSEs?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by HR321)
    What are all the unis which as soon as you meet minimum GCSE entry requirements, they don't look at them anymore. Such as St Georges which uses a point-based system, so as soon as you have enough points they stop looking at your GCSEs?
    you will find more updated information on each universities website but for now here is a good place to start:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/cont...e-requirements
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki...your_Strengths

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HR321)
    As well as using the links that have been provided earlier, do also be methodical about how you consider schools. A levels/ BMAT/ UKCAT/ Personal Statement/ Work experience, will influence what schools you can apply for.

Even within GCSEs make sure you've got the right grades for a particular subject e.g. English, Maths and Science.

I am not sure what year you are in so I cannot say sure how much of this is relevant but do remember medical schools look for different things so just be strategic.

Good luck!

Kind Regards,

Mel
    WAMSoc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WAMSocSOTON)
    As well as using the links that have been provided earlier, do also be methodical about how you consider schools. A levels/ BMAT/ UKCAT/ Personal Statement/ Work experience, will influence what schools you can apply for.

Even within GCSEs make sure you've got the right grades for a particular subject e.g. English, Maths and Science.

I am not sure what year you are in so I cannot say sure how much of this is relevant but do remember medical schools look for different things so just be strategic.

Good luck!

Kind Regards,

Mel
    WAMSoc
    Yeah I'm in year 11, so am still hopeful that my A levels/ BMAT/ UKCAT/ Personal Statement/ Work experience will be good! My main worry is that I'm going to get a B in GCSE chemistry :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HR321)
    Yeah I'm in year 11, so am still hopeful that my A levels/ BMAT/ UKCAT/ Personal Statement/ Work experience will be good! My main worry is that I'm going to get a B in GCSE chemistry :/
    That B might not be enough for some universities. You need to check individual ones especially since a lot of entry requirements have changed.
    Also a B at GCSE chemistry might make a level pretty hard.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HR321)
    Firstly, if you're in year 11 and have not received your results yet there is still a possibility that you can get an A so very best of luck for your exams.

A B in chemistry will remove some schools but not all of them. GCSE heavy schools for example, Birmingham, may be ruled out.

Some schools explicitly want an A in the sciences such as Brighton. And these may be ruled out by admission process.

Nonetheless, others accept a combination of As and Bs so Barts and the London, Aberdeen, Glasgow (although they favour As).

It's really important to note there may be changes in admissions policies by the time you are ready to make your application you will have a better picture of which schools you can apply for.

Kind Regards,

Mel
    WAMSoc

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 13, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.