Turn on thread page Beta

UKL Art Society (UKL ArtSoc) watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    rob oldham is on here somewhere as well, rob24601

ReputationRep:
    um by the way, can i join? i should have joined this a while ago i think, but i never got round to it.

(Original post by Shimmy_Kimmie)
    OMG you are evrywhere i am lmao!
    LOL..

We are subconsciously stalking each other..

rob oldham is on here somewhere as well, rob24601
    so thats who it is!!! I just knew that i knew him but wasn't sure who he was..

ReputationRep:
    ohh I noticed this thread has died for about 4 months so bringing it up again esp as its around the time of route b applicants! Hopefully sending my UCAS form off within the next couple of weeks to Newcastle! Very nervous but also very stressed as I have a huge project due in the next couple of weeks also. How are all the arty ppl on here?

ReputationRep:
    Hi there !

I'm from HK and want to study a cert course of Jewellery in London. Do you have any recommendations ? Thank you so much !!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Hey can I join?

I'm Iris - unfortunately not gonna study Art at uni, although have switched course at Reading to do Fine Art yay! - got interview next Tuesday but it's my second choice regardless basically.

I'm in year 13 doing Bio, Chem and Art and I just love drawing and I've yet to try oil painting lol! - would like to get back to watercolours and teaching myself how to do portraits atm. I taught myself the style of Japanese manga and so now my style of drawing is a manga-western mix Love the way manga works, a bit too simply though so moving onto portraits. Love drawing faces and the human figure - always have. Last year I did the Pre-Raphaelites for my AS written study and I studied John William Waterhouse - his style is gorgeous! - he has tis particular style in his Pre-Raphs drawings - and am currently studying Salvator Rosa from the 1600's - saw his work at Fitzwilliam gallery at Cambridge and couldn't stop looking and wow-ing at his pic it was great! - don't bother looking him up online the digital pics do NOT justify the real thing at all!

I'm just passionate about art always have, always will be - if it had better prospects job-wise I'd go for it at uni but my uni first choice is Nottingham, Neuroscience. Ahh well, the brain is cool!

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.