Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone please advise me on how to revise for unit 3, the decision making examination?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shlokz12)
    Can anyone please advise me on how to revise for unit 3, the decision making examination?
    I have to do this too! Apparently it's just like a reading comprehension, and then the longer questions towards the end are the actual decision making questions where they give you three options and you have to chose one writing a response about the positives and negatives or something. I'll look over a few past papers or something, and I've already revised it in class with my teacher. If you're alright/good at Geography, I'm sure you'll be fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by romansholiday)
    I have to do this too! Apparently it's just like a reading comprehension, and then the longer questions towards the end are the actual decision making questions where they give you three options and you have to chose one writing a response about the positives and negatives or something. I'll look over a few past papers or something, and I've already revised it in class with my teacher. If you're alright/good at Geography, I'm sure you'll be fine.
    Yeah, I am most worried about the last question! I am fairly good at geography, I hope I do well with the timing though. Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Do past papers. If you can, contact your teacher (email or at school) and ask for 9/12 mark questions to practice.

ReputationRep:
    For this exam, there has only been two years before us so past papers are limited.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Speedbird129)
    For this exam, there has only been two years before us so past papers are limited.
    2 past papers and some practice 9/12 markers is enough revision for unit 3 as there arent exactly any facts to remember: just know how to time yourself and be able to collect concise pieces of data from a booklet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dan1yar18)
    2 past papers and some practice 9/12 markers is enough revision for unit 3 as there arent exactly any facts to remember: just know how to time yourself and be able to collect concise pieces of data from a booklet
    Yeah, I have two sample assessment material exams so will go through them.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.