Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Over the last few days there have been many heated debates on the forum culminating in various compplaints. Most people agree that there were wrongs committed (although there isn't agreement on who committed tham). I would just like to point out that if there are people here that don't like it then you are free to leave. There is nothing keeping you here except, it seems, for your vendettas. As for the treatment of the mods, I think it is terrible. As anyone who has been here for any length of time knows, the mods work terrifically hard to keep this forum going and do a great job. if it wasn't forthem rthen this forum wouldn't even exist. So I put it to you, If you don't want to be here then go elsewhere and quit complaining.

MB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musicboy)
    Over the last few days there have been many heated debates on the forum culminating in various compplaints. Most people agree that there were wrongs committed (although there isn't agreement on who committed tham). I would just like to point out that if there are people here that don't like it then you are free to leave. There is nothing keeping you here except, it seems, for your vendettas. As for the treatment of the mods, I think it is terrible. As anyone who has been here for any length of time knows, the mods work terrifically hard to keep this forum going and do a great job. if it wasn't forthem rthen this forum wouldn't even exist. So I put it to you, If you don't want to be here then go elsewhere and quit complaining.

MB
    indeed...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musicboy)
    MB
    ill second that.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    You off then? Bye
    :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vienna95)
    :confused:
    haha. i think whoever posted that mean that you complain a lot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinykates)
    haha. i think whoever posted that mean that you complain a lot
    hehe, im sure, but that wouldnt tally with the implication made from MB's post, hence :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Aww, can ya feel da love? Actually, that is a marvellous idea. If only everyone could abide by it.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Sire)
    Aww, can ya feel da love?
    Actually, that is a marvellous idea. If only everyone could abide by it.
    What's a marvellous idea? feeling the love - dirty boy!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    Aww, can ya feel da love? Actually, that is a marvellous idea. If only everyone could abide by it.
    well, it isnt that marvellous..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    What's a marvellous idea? feeling the love - dirty boy!!!
    *chuckles* not quite. I was more referring to the idea of everyone acting in a mature and open manner.

ReputationRep:
    well, it isnt that marvellous..
    Confidence is a marvellous thing though. With enthusiastic support, the original poster may feel confident enough to push the idea further more popular forums, rather than leaving in the 'About' forum which doesn't seem to get used as much. I was just being nice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    Confidence is a marvellous thing though. With enthusiastic support, the original poster may feel confident enough to push the idea further more popular forums,
    thats whats not so marvellous.

rather than leaving in the 'About' forum which doesn't seem to get used as much. I was just being nice
    i know

ReputationRep:
    thats whats not so marvellous.
    i know
    *nods* basically yeah

ReputationRep:
    ill second that.
    I am confused.... i that you were very upset with expression?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    eh?

ReputationRep:
    oh my.............. I doubt you will believe this but both myself and Vienna have always (and if we haven't made this clear, I will now) said that the Mods on this forum do an excellent job, particulary given some of the tasks they face and the abuse given by certain less respected members. We were only concerned with a small number of things. We have put forward our arguements in a logical and respectable manner at all times, and hoped to change a few things to make the forum better.

Upset is the wrong word, concerned about a small number of manners reflects what we felt much better. Praise much go to the mods on the way last night that they approached the issues we raised and we are very thankful for that. Hopefully very soon the results of such discussions will be seen.

ReputationRep:
    eh?
    Think s/he is referring to the deletion of posts thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Speciez99)
    oh my.............. I doubt you will believe this but both myself and Vienna have always (and if we haven't made this clear, I will now) said that the Mods on this forum do an excellent job, particulary given some of the tasks they face and the abuse given by certain less respected members. We were only concerned with a small number of things. We have put forward our arguements in a logical and respectable manner at all times, and hoped to change a few things to make the forum better.

Upset is the wrong word, concerned about a small number of manners reflects what we felt much better. Praise much go to the mods on the way last night that they approached the issues we raised and we are very thankful for that. Hopefully very soon the results of such discussions will be seen.
    well it seems like in the threads that have been made, expression is always brought up.

ReputationRep:
    well it seems like in the threads that have been made, expression is always brought up.
    Well the events of last week directly concerned Expression so surely that would make perfect sense

Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.