Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Thread Starter

    Hi everyone,

    I was just looking through some mark schemes, and had a question.
    When discussing the reduction of NADP, I've been taught to name the product as NADPH - this is the same for the reduction of NAD to NADH.

    Is it appropriate to do this? I'm not seeing many mark-schemes acknowledge that the two refer to the same product - only mentioning reduced NAD/NADP. I just wanted to confirm this because it would be foolish not to ask and risk losing marks.

    Are there any other particular terms, acronyms, etc, that you would avoid or be cautious about?


    A2 Biology student.
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.