The Student Room Group

So gay people are now being targeted by Islamic extremists in their own countries?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Thutmose-III
Calm down, dear. You're becoming hysterical.

I have never seen you on this website before ten minutes ago. It sounds like your fevered, emotional hallucinations viz. my posts aren't far off the lunacy of your paranoia that Sky News can be blamed in part for causing terrorism.

Just because you don't see me looking at your posts doesn't mean I haven't been on here. You haven't seen about 7 billion people in this world, doesn't mean they are not there. And I'm really not hysterical, mate, don't be so patronizing.
Original post by Khaoula A
Seriously? Thats your argument? Islam is not the only group on earth that claim to be connected to a deity and every religion goes to extreme links to prove it its just not reported as often.

Sky News can easily talk about the other things that have happened in the world that are more frequent than Islamic Terrorist crimes.

Every single day in Palestine there are thousands and thousands of men, women and children killed by Jews for the same reason as the crimes that Isis portray; they are different religions. But as long as the offender is not Muslim the crime as written off as anything but a terrorist offence

Are you Insane?
Original post by Listers
Stop beating around the bush and answer my question, I've had enough left wing dribble already today.

If you won't blame Islam or Muslims or the ISLAMIC state for what happened today, who then do you blame for this?

This is going to blow your mind: the man.... who actually did it.
Original post by -Anonymous_Girl
This is going to blow your mind: the man.... who actually did it.

He was motivated by Islam the religion he follows which hasn't been reformed and calls for death to Homosexuals.
Original post by Listers
He was motivated by Islam the religion he follows which hasn't been reformed and calls for death to Homosexuals.

You asked me who I blamed, I told you. Go on and take Islam to court and put Islam in front of a jury....
Original post by 99_Problems
It's completely natural and normal for a human being to feel more emotion towards the death of someone closer to them. I would care more if my brother died than the prime minister but it doesn't mean his life means less I value all human lives but it is impossible to try and equal out your emotions for two human beings when you feel a closeness towards one more than the other.

Middle eastern lives do not matter less because the West has shown a huge emotion to people they feel closer to.

Why are more people concerned over the loss of western lives, than the loss of middle eastern lives, it does not make sense.

You do not know either of them, you do not know of their lives, so how can you feel closer to them?
You asked me who I blamed, I told you. Go on and take Islam to court and put Islam in front of a jury....

What on earth are you babbling about? You've lost the plot completely

More likely that the Muslim community of Orlando's incitement of violence was a major cause than the non-existent "persecution" of Muslims in the West

[video="youtube;qBlwxqqAprQ"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBlwxqqAprQ[/video]
Original post by Fight Me
Why are more people concerned over the loss of western lives, than the loss of middle eastern lives, it does not make sense.

Why are Muslims more concerned over the loss of Palestinian lives than Tibetan or Sri Lankan lives?

It does not make sense
Original post by QE2
But this is not the case. People value things that they have some connection to than things with which thay have no connection. A New Yorker would mourn the death of a Syrian that they knew well, more than the deaths of strangers in the Orlando club. It is human nature and naive in the extreme to suggest otherwise.

Have you ever attended the funeral of a family member or friend?
If you have, but have not attended all the other funerals that it was possible for you to attend, especially those of strangers, they you are guily of crass hypocrisy and double standards.

Physician heal thyself.

I attend funerals to show respect for the person and the family as i know them on a personal level.

By not attending the funeral of strangers who probably wouldn't want me there does not mean I value their life less. Its a stupid and invalid argument.

Life is not permanent, death is the only thing is life that is certain.
What on earth are you babbling about? You've lost the plot completely

More likely that the Muslim community of Orlando's incitement of violence was a major cause than the non-existent "persecution" of Muslims in the West

[video="youtube;qBlwxqqAprQ"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBlwxqqAprQ[/video]

She's just been typing absolute nonsense today, I'm just sat here laughing my ass off hahaha
Original post by Fight Me

You do not know either of them, you do not know of their lives, so how can you feel closer to them?

Because an act of terrorism in a strong western country shows us that anything could happen next to another strong western country because of the proximity.

This isn't too hard to understand, no one is devaluing anyone's lives.
Despite the fact the idiot was 'supposedly fueled by his religion' there are 1.6 bn Muslims out there who aren't possessed to do such an act especially during the holy month of Ramadan, you need to stop referring to isis as 'islamic state' because they are not...a small minority of hypocritical idiots do not reflect the fastest growing religion the Earth otherwise it wouldn't be the fastest religion.
Original post by eternalhinch
Despite the fact the idiot was 'supposedly fueled by his religion' there are 1.6 bn Muslims out there who aren't possessed to do such an act especially during the holy month of Ramadan, you need to stop referring to isis as 'islamic state' because they are not...a small minority of hypocritical idiots do not reflect the fastest growing religion the Earth otherwise it wouldn't be the fastest religion.

Islamic State is what it calls itself. During the 1980s we didn't say "the so-called Irish Republican Army but they shouldn't call themselves Irish. Irish people wouldn't kill civilians". We called them what they called themselves.

The fact is that a tidal wave of psychopaths has come out of the Muslim community since the rise of ISIS, and the Muslim communities in the West have resisted any attempt by the government to engage them so we can prevent these things before they get down the road to radicalisation.

The Muslim community also ostracises (and even kills) those who attempt to reform Islam away from its warlike and victimhood-obsessed beliefs.

The Muslim community in America is generally held to be the most "moderate" in the world. And especially that in Florida (compared to the one in, say, Minnesota). And yet even there, the closest mosque to this club last month had a guest speaker who said gay people should be killed

These views are not fringe views in Islam
Original post by Listers
She's just been typing absolute nonsense today, I'm just sat here laughing my ass off hahaha

I don't find you funny. I really don't know who I am talking to though, you or your friend. My 'nonsense' seems to be quite well founded nonsense though, so I can rest knowing that. And the fact that I made you laugh. Oh wait, your happiness means NOTHING to me...Hahahaha.
(edited 7 years ago)
I don't find you funny. My 'nonsense' seems to be quite well founded nonsense though, so I can rest knowing that. And the fact that I made you laugh. Oh wait, your happiness means NOTHING to me...Hahahaha.

Nah, your views are incredibly ignorant, unfounded, incredibly flawed and show your general lack of reasoning.

You know nothing about what you talk about, ask pointless questions and stumble when making your points.
Islamic State is what it calls itself. During the 1980s we didn't say "the so-called Irish Republican Army but they shouldn't call themselves Irish. Irish people wouldn't kill civilians". We called them what they called themselves.

The fact is that a tidal wave of psychopaths has come out of the Muslim community since the rise of ISIS, and the Muslim communities in the West have resisted any attempt by the government to engage them so we can prevent these things before they get down the road to radicalisation.

The Muslim community also ostracises (and even kills) those who attempt to reform Islam away from its warlike and victimhood-obsessed beliefs.

The Muslim community in America is generally held to be the most "moderate" in the world. And especially that in Florida (compared to the one in, say, Minnesota). And yet even there, the closest mosque to this club last month had a guest speaker who said gay people should be killed

These views are not fringe views in Islam

Of course they want to be known as 'Islamic State' that's what they claim to be killing so many people for. Without their claim of being Islamic what reason do they have to do commit such acts?
Original post by Listers
Nah, your views are incredibly ignorant, unfounded, incredibly flawed and show your general lack of reasoning.

You know nothing about what you talk about, ask pointless questions and stumble when making your points.

I would say the exact same about you, but a lot more colourfully.
Original post by eternalhinch
The only person ignorant here is you for not realising how to divert your hatred towards Islam in a positive manner...use your freedom of speech wisely and actually suggest a solution that excludes 'getting rid of Islam' because that's 1.6 bn people's faiths that is being damaged.
Have you actually read the Quran at all in your life? I actually have and unless you have experienced the peace that comes from it and its teachings then I suggest you stop insulting other people and religion and focus on yourself.

I'm not going to focus on myself when 50 people just died because another stupid person following your backward medieval 7th century cult couldn't integrate and accept western culture.

Yes i have read the Qu'ran in and out, I was actually raised in a muslim family but me and my father after very deep research decided to leave this cult when we saw the light and read the hadiths and saw what a vile and despicable man Muhammed was.

And before you shoot your mouth of again, understand that i'm criticising the religion here and not muslims, because it's the religion that promotes, hate, violence, rape, murder, wars, stealing, greed, death and deception.

I've already thrown in my solution, this includes reforming Islam, and that has to come from the islamic world and community and leaders because like I said before, the world is getting tired of turning on the news and seeing the religion of peace spreading nothing but hate.
I would say the exact same about you, but a lot more colourfully.

I really really REALLY do not care.
Original post by Listers
I'm not going to focus on myself when 50 people just died because another stupid person following your backward medieval 7th century cult couldn't integrate and accept western culture.

Yes i have read the Qu'ran in and out, I was actually raised in a muslim family but me and my father after very deep research decided to leave this cult when we saw the light and read the hadiths and saw what a vile and despicable man Muhammed was.

And before you shoot your mouth of again, understand that i'm criticising the religion here and not muslims, because it's the religion that promotes, hate, violence, rape, murder, wars, stealing, greed, death and deception.

I've already thrown in my solution, this includes reforming Islam, and that has to come from the islamic world and community and leaders because like I said before, the world is getting tired of turning on the news and seeing the religion of peace spreading nothing but hate.

The religion is the most peaceful religion around otherwise it would not be peaceful for nothing. It promoted nothing but peace and if you have read the entire Quran you will realise that.
The human rights that are in place in the western countries come from the teachings in the Quran so clearly they are knowledgeable. You will realise yourself that the religion is nothing but peaceful if you have delved enough into it to reliase how the teachings are a way of life.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending