The Student Room Group

Is my school racist?

There has been a school trip organised described as 'White-British Only'. I felt that this was disgusting. The teacher announced it as a scheme to help support white-British students within education. This part is fair but it is a sweeping generalisation as it is not ONLY white-Britsh students who need help but because of statistics they are the ONLY ones allowed this support. I do not know how to act.. POC of colour just want to avoid getting in trouble and the white students do not really care (I am mixed and this bothers me alot) people assume I should not care because apparently I do not need 'help' but it feels like an excuse for a form of modern segregation.

Reasons for this:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3521989/Betrayal-white-pupils-16-white-British-children-lag-12-ethnic-groups-alarming-report-says-let-schools-parents.html

Eleven years later~

Am I over reacting- I cannot stop thinking about this and I feel kind of betrayed by the school and my peers. I was hoping to go to this sixth form and now it is too late all the closing dates have passed. Also this is not a rural school, my school is in London and is full of many students!
(edited 7 years ago)
big deal get over with it
No
help should always be given at hogwarts for those who ask for it
Reply 4
It may be fustrating but it is what it is. And howcome you didn't apply for sixth form before the closing date passed?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by r-t
It may be fustrating but it is what it is. And howcome you didn't apply for sixth form before the closing date passed?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I apopiled for this one, not any others soo yah
Reply 6
Original post by ValkyrieScythe
I apopiled for this one, not any others soo yah

Oh okay, I also only applied for the sixth form of my high school, it seemed like the easiest route, I did go to open days for other sixth forms just incase though. Good luck with it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest