Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    What are the key tips, when traveling in the air for more than 6 hours?

ReputationRep:
    Take an abundance of music, movies, tv shows, books or whatever else you find entertaining. It's better to over prepare than be sat bored with nothing to do.
    Don't forget portable chargers for any electronic devices and to stretch your legs regularly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meemeekat)
    What are the key tips, when traveling in the air for more than 6 hours?
    What a coincidence
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Wear clothes that are comfy! Common sense I know, but things like jeans can get very uncomfortable on long haul flights. Skirts are quite comfy, but it gets warm and I know I don't like the feeling of my legs sticking together with sweat. Lots of layers are better than just a jumper or whatever, so take a hoodie AND a t-shirt, or a shirt with a cami underneath, because when you're stuck in a tin can with 300 other people it gets uncomfortably hot and it's good to be able to strip layers off. Make sure that your clothes suit your destination and any layovers you'll be having - you don't want get off the plane in 40C heat only to realise that you dressed for the 15C weather at home and it's a two hour journey to your hotel. Also take flight socks - some long haul flights provide them, some don't, but they stop your feet from getting swollen when you're sat down for hours on end.

Also seconding what Aydin7 said about entertainment - while most long haul flights have TV screens in the back of seats with films and TV to keep you amused, sometimes they don't work or the sound is dodgy. It's always better to have your own entertainment just in case (entertainment that DOES NOT use wifi, obviously. You'd be surprised at how many people aren't aware of the fact that they can't access youtube etc with airplane mode turned on.)

ReputationRep:
    Pray to the heavens that the plane is empty and you can lie across 4 seats

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.