The Student Room Group

How the left respond to the recent attack in Orlando now we know the perp was Muslim?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by KingBradly
But if we actually listened to the right, this guy would never have got into the country so he could do this. So I think I'll side with them, cos I'd rather the 99% of decent Muslims found another place to live, rather than allowing them in along with the 1% who want to literally destroy Western society.

Also, criticising the left doesn't make you "right". I support gun control, because it totally works.

Your point put in another context:

"I'd rather 99% of white kids found another place to live, rather than allowing the 1% of disillusioned ones who carry out mass shootings at schools" <-- which coincidentally is vastly more common occurrence in the States than an attack carried out by a Muslim.

But how come it's only when a Muslim carries out an attack that suddenly the whole religion is demonised?

Also, you'd be surprised as to how many of these "Muslim" terrorists have actually been recently involved in things which are completely un-Islamic (e.g. Attackers in France owned a cafe which sold alcohol and was shut down due to drugs; another French attacker had a girlfriend; one of the 7/7 bombers had slept with his girlfriend the night before; many others have been involved in drugs/alcohol etc). When you look deep down into each individual case, it's not hard to see that many of those committing attacks are from a criminal background or have done things which aren't really that Islamic.

And before you jump in to say "how is having a girlfriend bad?". I'm not saying it is bad or isn't bad. I'm just saying that it's not acceptable according to Islam.

But yeh, TSR loves to do some Muslim-bashing. So go ahead everyone. Demonise over 1 billion people for the actions of less than 0.5%
U'm just reading it now. I would react exactly the same way, unless religion had soemthing to do with it.
Post all the usual self-serving clichés, deflections, and various iterations of self-righteous apathy that the left will now spew out in regards to this atrocity.

Then, for bonus points, imagine what they would say if the perp wasn't a Muslim.

They will take Islam out completely and only blame gun laws. If it was a white person they would state that he was a Christian and that Christians need to change their beliefs. Also they will still blame gun violence.
I'm just reading it now. I would react exactly the same way, unless religion had soemthing to do with it. The BBC have it down as ideologically motivated, but not a terrorist attack. Will wait and see what unfolds.
Reply 24
Original post by nexttimeigetvpn
This is nonsense, they don't single out left wing groups. They attacked an airport in Brussels, restaurants in Paris, a concert in Paris, a stadium, they hardly ever have had an 'anti-left' agenda apart from two noteworthy incidents which are Charlie Hebdo and this. They might attack with an anti-left agenda, but its not like they spare right-wingers or go asking people's political views and kill left wingers only. The fact that left wing often contradicts Islam does not mean that all terrorists are out on an anti-left agenda, they don't see our society as left and right, they just see us all as the same.

What an incredible deflection you had to resort to in-order to refute my previous point. No where did I state that Islamists attack left-wing institutions. I simply said that if they were radicalised in reaction to criticism of Islam or Muslims, then they would surely make an effort to attack those people. But they don't, they attack people based on what their religions says. They attack gays, they attack those who publish images of their prophet, they attack Western society based on the idea that it is haram.

Original post by nexttimeigetvpn

And it doesn't derive solely from Islam, this person obviously went through some events in his life which motivated him to go on a shooting, and it can't have been Islam and Islam alone because we have a world with 1.6 billion Muslims and evidently the vast majority of them aren't some kind of sleeper terrorist thing.

Obviously it wasn't only Islam that drove them to do this. Just as it wasn't only the guns that caused this attack. However, guns played a big part, so I'd say it's a good idea to ban them. Guns seem to be a big theme in a lot of mass shootings, so I'd say banning them is a good idea if you want to stop them. Islam also seems to be a very common thread in terror attacks, so perhaps we should consider that thread and think about how it may influence them. All the parts about chopping off the fingers of unbelievers and killing them and reigning fire on gays might just have something to do with it. I dunno, maybe it's just me. But I'd say it seems likely it has an effect. Maybe you should actually try reading the Qu'ran before defending it?
Post all the usual self-serving clichés, deflections, and various iterations of self-righteous apathy that the left will now spew out in regards to this atrocity.

Then, for bonus points, imagine what they would say if the perp wasn't a Muslim.

You have a weird obsession and I don't think you've ever made a thread not about muslims. Its an awful, awful tragedy whoever committed it. Why you feel the need to jump with joy and use it to push your own narrative, using the deaths of innocents as pawn pieces I don't know.

I genuinely feel certain people like the op have a weird sense of satisfaction when horrific attacks like this are carried out.

Awful tragedy and rip to all the victims.

Posted from TSR Mobile
How TSR's resident anti-Muslim crowd responds to every terrorist attack: making the exact same threads moaning about how the left are totally okay with this, spamming sarcastic comments about Islam being the religion of peace and more moaning about the left wing. From the enthusiasm you all put into these posts you'd almost think you get excited when these events happen.

It is a tragedy, feel sorry for the victims, please leave the exploitation of mass shootings for political aims for later.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 27
Original post by Qboid
Your point put in another context:

"I'd rather 99% of white kids found another place to live, rather than allowing the 1% of disillusioned ones who carry out mass shootings at schools" <-- which coincidentally is vastly more common occurrence in the States than an attack carried out by a Muslim.

But how come it's only when a Muslim carries out an attack that suddenly the whole religion is demonised?

Also, you'd be surprised as to how many of these "Muslim" terrorists have actually been recently involved in things which are completely un-Islamic (e.g. Attackers in France owned a cafe which sold alcohol and was shut down due to drugs; another French attacker had a girlfriend; one of the 7/7 bombers had slept with his girlfriend the night before; many others have been involved in drugs/alcohol etc). When you look deep down into each individual case, it's not hard to see that many of those committing attacks are from a criminal background or have done things which aren't really that Islamic.

And before you jump in to say "how is having a girlfriend bad?". I'm not saying it is bad or isn't bad. I'm just saying that it's not acceptable according to Islam.

But yeh, TSR loves to do some Muslim-bashing. So go ahead everyone. Demonise over 1 billion people for the actions of less than 0.5%

Obviously non-Muslim white kids are more likely to go on mass shootings than Muslims, because only 0.9% of Americans are Muslim while non-Muslim white people make up 63% of Americans. Ignored.
Reply 28
Original post by Bornblue
You have a weird obsession and I don't think you've ever made a thread not about muslims. Its an awful, awful tragedy whoever committed it. Why you feel the need to jump with joy and use it to push your own narrative, using the deaths of innocents as pawn pieces I don't know.

I genuinely feel certain people like the op have a weird sense of satisfaction when horrific attacks like this are carried out.

Awful tragedy and rip to all the victims.

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you think that, you are the one who has an obsession, but with criticism of Muslims, because you obviously have an insane level of confirmation bias. None of my recent posts have been about Islam or Muslims.
Reply 29
Original post by Plagioclase
How TSR's resident anti-Muslim crowd responds to every terrorist attack: making the exact same threads moaning about how the left are totally okay with this, spamming sarcastic comments about Islam being the religion of peace and more moaning about the left wing. From the enthusiasm you all put into these posts you'd almost think you get excited when these events happen.

It is a tragedy, feel sorry for the victims, please leave the exploitation of mass shootings for political aims for later.

It's nothing to do with "exploitation". The point is your views are dangerously regressive and lenient towards Islam, so we want to discredit you so we can have greater protection of liberal society. We care more about mass death and our liberal society than your bleeding hearts, and we want to expose you so that we can cast you aside and deal with the threat of Islamism earnestly, just as it should be.
It's nothing to do with "exploitation". The point is your views are dangerously regressive and lenient towards Islam, so we want to discredit you so we can have greater protection of liberal society. We care more about mass death and our liberal society than your bleeding hearts, and we want to expose you so that we can cast you aside and deal with the threat of Islamism earnestly, just as it should be.

I didn't even say anything, the absolute first threads that came out were responding to claims that people didn't even have a chance to make yet, that's how fervent your hysteria is.
Reply 31
I didn't even say anything, the absolute first threads that came out were responding to claims that people didn't even have a chance to make yet, that's how fervent your hysteria is.

Hysteria is necessary.
Hysteria is necessary.

Hysteria is literally the absolute worst possible way to respond to a terrorist attack. You are literally handing them what they want on a golden platter.
Another pointless King Bradly thread
Reply 34
Original post by FredOrJohn
Who cares what the reason is.
The main reason is a lack of gun control in the USA.

All other reasons are meaningless drivel

France has strict gun control laws. Didn't stop the Charlie Hebdo or Paris attackers did it?
Reply 35
Hysteria is literally the absolute worst possible way to respond to a terrorist attack. You are literally handing them what they want on a golden platter.

No, I think action is better than lack of it.
No, I think action is better than lack of it.

I'd like action too, but there's a difference between wanting action and screaming "Oh my god the Muslims are going to kill us all" every time a terrorist attack happens. This is not helpful and it's just going to make people ignore you. You also do not need to make a million threads about this event.
Original post by TSR Mustafa
Another pointless King Bradly thread

My thoughts exactly.
If you think that, you are the one who has an obsession, but with criticism of Muslims, because you obviously have an insane level of confirmation bias. None of my recent posts have been about Islam or Muslims.

Of course not...
People like you get giddy with joy when tragedies like this strike.
Original post by Axel Johann
We would say exactly the same thing, you can't generalise a group of people based on the actions of a few.

How does that not get to your brain?

--
Edit :- it looks like you changed your OP to:

lol

But you can acknowledge tendencies within said group and address the causes of e.g. the Qur'an and the culture from which they came / by which they are influenced.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending