Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm just about to start revision for Maths for when I go back in September. I have a solid revision schedule and I have broken C1 and C2 Maths into lots of different topics so I can gradually work my way through it all in the summer - but I was wondering if anyone had a good method/formula for revising topics thoroughly, e.g:

1. Watch video on topic
    2. Work through step by step guides
    3. Practice exam questions
    4. Flashcards etc.

I just made that up on the spot so I'm not sure whether or not that would be a good way to do it or are there better ways?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samv99)
    Hi, I'm just about to start revision for Maths for when I go back in September. I have a solid revision schedule and I have broken C1 and C2 Maths into lots of different topics so I can gradually work my way through it all in the summer - but I was wondering if anyone had a good method/formula for revising topics thoroughly, e.g:

1. Watch video on topic
    2. Work through step by step guides
    3. Practice exam questions
    4. Flashcards etc.

I just made that up on the spot so I'm not sure whether or not that would be a good way to do it or are there better ways?
    Requirements are usually :
    1. know what to do. ((video,information,theory)again st specification)
    2. know how to present it. (do a question on it check answers)
    3. perfect it ( do more questions on it and check answers till it becomes very easy and do some harder questions)
    4. review later (occasionally look back at the step 1 and 3 after doing a few topics for those topics)

5. now that your done exam questions till 100%

What you should find at the end is that you have learned things from questions which were not precisely explained in your textbook (how to do x question)
    and you finish past papers with spare time to full marks, leaving only silly errors.
    These silly errors should be fixed too as the last step.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.