Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I took the b2 and 3 aqa exams last week and as I was walking in a girl panicked and asked me what her seat number was ( we checked ours together as they were hung up in the corridor), I told her and the invigilator said "no talking it's not allowed this isn't a social gathering" and kept giving me dirty looks throughout the exam. Will I be disqualified if I assume that he didn't take my name down or anything and how will I know if I have been disqualified ? If I was can I argue my case?whilst we were getting up to leave he said no talking unless you want to be disqualified

ReputationRep:
    No, you shouldn't be, it's if he suspects you cheating

ReputationRep:

why do you guys make these threads....they would tell you if you were disqualified. They wouldnt secretly do it.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    No, he was jusy being overly officious imo, unless the exam had started or not ended. I'd have probably had a word with him, but its just based on your version.

ReputationRep:
    Invigilators give us all dirty looks lmao
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    if they want to they'll do it on the spot and tell you. i talked on the way out of one of my exam and she gave me dirty looks like i committed a crime. but im not worried, because i still sat the rest of my exams.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheKT)
    I took the b2 and 3 aqa exams last week and as I was walking in a girl panicked and asked me what her seat number was ( we checked ours together as they were hung up in the corridor), I told her and the invigilator said "no talking it's not allowed this isn't a social gathering" and kept giving me dirty looks throughout the exam. Will I be disqualified if I assume that he didn't take my name down or anything and how will I know if I have been disqualified ? If I was can I argue my case?whilst we were getting up to leave he said no talking unless you want to be disqualified
    Lol doubt it. Our invigilators are jokes we once walked in early like 10 minutes and started talking across the examination hall and they were calm. 5 minutes they told us to tone it down even then one person was like mrs I need to quickly person X something and they were like cool. We didn't cheat or anything though

ReputationRep:
    If it was before you opened the paper I think it should be fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheKT)
    I don't think so and how rude of them to do that! I would be giving them dirty looks back :laugh: but don't worry. I'll pray for you nonetheless

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mrs.Grey)
    I don't think so and how rude of them to do that! I would be giving them dirty looks back :laugh: but don't worry. I'll pray for you nonetheless
    Haha thanks, but do they tell you on the day that you were disqualified? Or do you wait till results day to find out ? I'm just an anxious person and get paranoid 😩

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheKT)
    Haha thanks, but do they tell you on the day that you were disqualified? Or do you wait till results day to find out ? I'm just an anxious person and get paranoid 😩
    They'll most likely tell you earlier than results day

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.