Girls: Why do you wear tights in the summer?

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Please explain why I see so many girls in skirts but with tights when its warm

ReputationRep:
    Boys why do you wear caps even though it's not sunny

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drex50)
    Please explain why I see so many girls in skirts but with tights when its warm
    :iiam:

ReputationRep:
    Black tights always match my outfit :yep: let me remind you of the British climate.. it's not that hot

ReputationRep:
    What are skirts? What are tights? Like I haven't worn them in such a long time. Idek why people would even want to wear tights, they're so uncomfortable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mrs.Grey)
    What are skirts? What are tights? Like I haven't worn them in such a long time. Idek why people would even want to wear tights, they're so uncomfortable.

I own a pair of man tights and it is very comfortable

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blue_Mason)
    I own a pair of man tights and it is very comfortable

ReputationRep:
    If they're skin colour tights, it's like foundation to even out the skin tone and blur blemishes like visible veins, spots or pores. Tights are also useful when you fancy wearing a skirt but can't be bothered to shave, so they hide stubble. Darker tights might match their outfit better or provide a bit of security with light or short skirts that might blow up in the breeze.

ReputationRep:
    Really? I actually find skirts and tights more comfortable than jeans. But that's probably because I only wear skinny jeans, and not the looser kinds of jeans.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by godivaontherocks)
    Really? I actually find skirts and tights more comfortable than jeans. But that's probably because I only wear skinny jeans, and not the looser kinds of jeans.
    Ew skinny jeans. They wouldn't even fit me :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    Yes skinny jeans are not rally attractive on women

Many of us are insecure about our legs, lol.

ReputationRep:
    Oh lies! You look really slim in your pic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blue_Mason)
    Yes skinny jeans are not rally attractive on women
    Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    It's comfy although I always wear skinny jeans.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by godivaontherocks)
    Oh lies! You look really slim in your pic.
    Oh haha thank you. I technically have an inverted triangle body shape but skinny jeans are just a nono plus they're really uncomfortable

What sort of jeans do you wear?

I only own high waisted jeans, they fit just right around my waist (how I want them) and I don't always need to worry about a belt securing my jeans in place, so they don't move when I sit down and whatnot :rofl:.

because i cannot show my skin so i have to wear tights :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thecatwithnohat)
    What sort of jeans do you wear?

I only own high waisted jeans, they fit just right around my waist (how I want them) and I don't always need to worry about a belt securing my jeans in place, so they don't move when I sit down and whatnot :rofl:.
    Jeggings but now they're shrinking :facepalm: but I want to start wearing an abaya bc so so so comfortable plus I'm lazy :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    I like wearing skirts and dresses but some of them I think are too short for me to wear without wearing tights or leggings underneath.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 27, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
What are you?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.