The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Blue_Mason
Honestly it is intimidating when a woman has hairier arms then me, and I barely have hair on my body.

best get growing some hair then
Because for some stupid reason my parents think skin tights are slutty to wear... -___-
Reply 62
As part of my uniform i am madeto wear a skirt but i always wear tights even the summer because i feel more comfortable in them. As i am quite sporty i feel more able to run around without bieng as bothered. If i had the choice i would much rather wear tracksuit bottoms or jeans to school but as it has to be a skirt tights are the best option to me despite bieng uncomfortable
Reply 63
I rarely wear tights in winter let alone in summer. They are super annoying and high maintenance, for example avoiding getting ladders etc...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Salamandastron
Omg you don't know how much you have helped me by what you just said, sorry was having a dilemma about something and that has never occurred to me lol (haven't worn anything other than trousers for 7 years but might have to for something).
Thanks you have helped without even knowing lol :redface:

Haha ok :wink:
Reply 65
Original post by Em0503
As part of my uniform i am madeto wear a skirt but i always wear tights even the summer because i feel more comfortable in them. As i am quite sporty i feel more able to run around without bieng as bothered. If i had the choice i would much rather wear tracksuit bottoms or jeans to school but as it has to be a skirt tights are the best option to me despite bieng uncomfortable

may I ask your age please?
Reply 66
Original post by nisha.sri
To hide my legs duh ?! lol

We can still see them in trousers :smile:
A lot of girls go for aesthetics > practicality, which is something I've always found weird as hell, but there we go. *Shrug*
Reply 69
Original post by WhisperingTide
A lot of girls go for aesthetics > practicality, which is something I've always found weird as hell, but there we go. *Shrug*

can't put a price on looking good :biggrin:
Original post by Drex50
can't put a price on looking good :biggrin:

Honestly, when I see girls in short skirts and shirtless guys in the freezing cold, I always think: "You look far too dumb to look sexy." :P
Reply 71
Original post by WhisperingTide
Honestly, when I see girls in short skirts and shirtless guys in the freezing cold, I always think: "You look far too dumb to look sexy." :P

All about how you pull it off
I love wearing tights , it is very comfortable.
It's still cold in summer

I don't want to shave my legs

I don't want to blatantly expose my knickers if I bend over

sometimes black tights look better than pale legs

Some shoes (like heels) would look weird worn with socks, but gross and sweaty without, so tights are the way to go!
Reply 75
Original post by Sempiternitas
Some shoes (like heels) would look weird worn with socks, but gross and sweaty without, so tights are the way to go!

Nude socks instead
Original post by Drex50
Nude socks instead

Not when you're wearing something with a short hem...
Reply 77
Original post by Sempiternitas
Not when you're wearing something with a short hem...

I don't understand :biggrin:
Original post by Drex50
I don't understand :biggrin:

I just meant that nude socks would work if you're wearing trousers or very long skirts that would cover the line where your socks meet your legs. If you're wearing anything shorter, people can clearly see you're wearing nude socks, which in my opinion isn't very cute, but of course it doesn't mean people *can't* wear nude socks. :smile:
I wear tights (generally black, navy blue or grey, because I don't like nude tights on me) even in summer because:

a) I loathe my body and need to cover it up, and I feel like my legs look very slightly less fat and disgusting in tights.
b) I am ridiculously pale and bare pale legs just isn't gonna happen
c) I usually wear pretty short flippy skater skirts and feel like tights give a bit more modesty
d) Tights feels smarter for work
e) I get cold easily anyway, so more warmth
f) And finally, shoes all seem to hurt my feet. :frown: So a bit of protection between foot and shoe is nice.

Latest