Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    1- courses that lead to particular jobs are restricting, many courses lead to jobs that may not be related directly to the course
    2- its your future, why should you let your parents dictate your life

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by michellincaptain)
    1- courses that lead to particular jobs are restricting, many courses lead to jobs that may not be related directly to the course
    2- its your future, why should you let your parents dictate your life
    my parents are overprotective, and they're muslims :/
    they don't think it's necessary for me to go to a different city for my masters.
    all my mum wants is for me to get married off -__-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boredasf)
    my parents are overprotective, and they're muslims :/
    they don't think it's necessary for me to go to a different city for my masters.
    all my mum wants is for me to get married off -__-
    its defo not necessary to get married of early, or stay in your city, its good going to new places, leave people holding you down in the past

why would your parents stop you from doing masters at soas? are you paki? I know some guy that wasn't allowed to move out and he said paki parents are like that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    why would your parents stop you from doing masters at soas? are you paki? I know some guy that wasn't allowed to move out and he said paki parents are like that
    yeah of course they're pakistani lol i'm sick and tired of pakistani/asian mentality

ReputationRep:
    You're an adult, so your parents don't "let" you do anything, you do what you want.

As for your bf, tell him your concerns and see what he says. Then you can decide whether you're happy where you are or break up.

ReputationRep:
    no need to be depressed about your future...

another settlement needs your help

yeah of course they're pakistani lol i'm sick and tired of pakistani/asian mentality
    wow rip. What about your boyfriend did he get to move out?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    wow rip. What about your boyfriend did he get to move out?
    no he lives with his parents but he has much more freedom

no he lives with his parents but he has much more freedom
    so paki boys can do anything and the girls can't?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.