I was allowed to choose from these dates:

- Wednesday, 11th January
- Wednesday, 18th January
- Tuesday, 24th January
- Wednesday, 25th January
- Thursday, 26th January
- Friday, 27th January
- Monday 13th February

Did most of these look filled up? Or did it not let you see that?
Rejections on track also out today guys! Got mine at 15:46! Was expected as I had low 600 score on UKCAT but just popped newcastle in for the fun of it :smile: Good luck everyone!!! :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
If they've started sending out rejections, does that mean 700 is the cut off? :frown:
Original post by riyaaaaa
If they've started sending out rejections, does that mean 700 is the cut off? :frown:

I'm guessing the first lot of rejections would be for applicants with really low UKCAT scores, I reckon the cut-off will be around 680. Don't lose faith just yet! :smile:
Original post by Lostperson
Did most of these look filled up? Or did it not let you see that?

Yeah a lot of the earlier dates, especially the afternoon sessions, were full
Original post by AspireExcite
Rejections on track also out today guys! Got mine at 15:46! Was expected as I had low 600 score on UKCAT but just popped newcastle in for the fun of it :smile: Good luck everyone!!! :smile:

Ah, that really sucks. Where else have you applied?
Original post by Moshinato
Yeah a lot of the earlier dates, especially the afternoon sessions, were full

That means that not many more to give out I guess ? I really thought the cut off would be around 685 or so!
Original post by Moshinato
Ah, that really sucks. Where else have you applied?

Do you mind telling me how many slots were not full?
I'm guessing the first lot of rejections would be for applicants with really low UKCAT scores, I reckon the cut-off will be around 680. Don't lose faith just yet! :smile:

What makes you say 680?

Oh well I've a 693 so hoping for the best :frown: but yeah thanks x and good luck with your other options :smile:
Oh well I've a 693 so hoping for the best :frown: but yeah thanks x and good luck with your other options :smile:

I just rang them and they said they still have interviews to give out and hope to dish them out before xmas and I'm thinking if they have reached 700 --- 690 may be the cut off ?

Anyone want to ring them just to see if we get a similar answer?
Really? I got 686.7. You don't need to worry. Maybe they do grads first. Maybe they do it alphabetically. Maybe they do it first come first served. I don't think you can speculate about the methods they use. If you got a score higher than mine, (mine seems to be the lowest here), you should be fine.
Reply 773
has anyone heard from newcastle if ur applying through partners scheme?
Original post by rory-sjs
What was your ukcat?

727 band 2
Original post by AllyCat82
Really? I got 686.7. You don't need to worry. Maybe they do grads first. Maybe they do it alphabetically. Maybe they do it first come first served. I don't think you can speculate about the methods they use. If you got a score higher than mine, (mine seems to be the lowest here), you should be fine.

Could it be that you had extenuating circumstances though?
Reply 776
Does anyone know how long a typical newcastle medical interview is???
Original post by Lostperson
Could it be that you had extenuating circumstances though?

I was told they don't have to consider that- it's at their discretion. I think it would only apply if I was borderline and I have seen others with the same score I think. One point in UKCAT is worth a lot, so I don't believe that people with a much higher score (as I have seen here) than me won't have got an interview.
Original post by remarez
Does anyone know how long a typical newcastle medical interview is???

It gave a five hour window when I booked in! Which I doubt, but sucked because it means I have to catch the last flight home.
Original post by conkerber
Does anyone know which certificates we have to bring to the interview? GCSE or A Level or what? and do we need UKCAT confirmation too?

In first email they said bring form of identification, fill in the deceleration form and bring just A2 certificate if you had it, this was on 11th November.

New email today says bring identification and photocopy, bring all qualifications and photocopies, along with deceleration form.

Im going to take all certificates. Deceleration from. Driving licence, passport and letter to confirm address, in case they need this for a DBS like Exeter did.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending