Scroll to see replies

Original post by medicapplicant
what happens in year 4

Back to medical school plus elective at the end of the year
Original post by shellyjelly
Back to medical school plus elective at the end of the year

oh ok, thank you.
Got rejected with a ukcat of 686.7, the cut off has increased from last year
Just got an interview😃😃😃 690 Ukcat didn't think I'd get it!!
Original post by hanbubs98
Just got an interview😃😃😃 690 Ukcat didn't think I'd get it!!

are you serious?! when and how and what?!! I just got rejected with 690..
Reply 1085
Original post by kayasparkles

Got rejected with 693 so I know the pain 😥
Original post by kayasparkles

Just now in an email :smile: might be because I'm on realising opportunities. Hope your other applications go well xx
Reply 1087
Got my Interview on Friday!
Got in with UKCAT 660 although I am Partners.
I have interviews with Nottingham and Liverpool as well :h:
Original post by Simmyp
Got my Interview on Friday!
Got in with UKCAT 660 although I am Partners.
I have interviews with Nottingham and Liverpool as well :h:

Well done! I'm with partners too but I haven't heard back yet 😔 Did they give you an interview today for this Friday? As it seems a bit soon!?
Reply 1089
Original post by Sam.97x
Well done! I'm with partners too but I haven't heard back yet 😔 Did they give you an interview today for this Friday? As it seems a bit soon!?

No, I got it before Christmas but I only just got back onto student room :biggrin:
Original post by Sam.97x

They told me today and mines next Tuesday! 😳😳
Reply 1091

Congrats!

Best of luck! From what I've read on here the interview questions seem to be okay/nice. Your ukcat score is amazing I just hope they're still handing out interviews
Original post by Sam.97x
Best of luck! From what I've read on here the interview questions seem to be okay/nice. Your ukcat score is amazing I just hope they're still handing out interviews

Thanks :smile: I rang yesterday and they said they still had a few but had extended when they give out the last one to next week. Good luck :biggrin:
Reply 1094
Has anyone done an MMI at Newcastle or elsewhere? Any tips? What should I expect?
Original post by Simmyp
Has anyone done an MMI at Newcastle or elsewhere? Any tips? What should I expect?

Read what they have given you, that's the only advice really we can give. What dates your interview?
Original post by Simmyp

Make sure you read the info for each station carefully (dont skim read anything!)

Make sure you give a little smile to the interviewer when you walk in to show a little confidence (even tho you're nervous!) and shake the interviewers hand.

Definitely talk to other applicants when you're waiting as it helps calm you down. Just ask about how their medical application is going and where they're from etc...

Finally, when you're about to enter each station take a deep breath and say (or think to yourself) 'I can do this! :u:'.

Honestly, my first interview was scary but after having done 3 interviews i have found that you can do great in any interview as long as you stay calm and focused on the task at hand. So if you wanna take away anything from this post it is stay calm and focused and forget about your performance in other stations (unless you performed well of course! :biggrin:)

Hope this helps! :smile:
And good luck to everyone applying to Newcastle!

(I posted this in the Leeds Medicine thread also. And btw im not applying to Newcastle or Leeds but thought i'd help you guys out :wink:)
(edited 7 years ago)
For the interview do we need photocopies of achieved A2 certificates? Doesnt make it really clear in the email
Reply 1098
Original post by MattJacks
Read what they have given you, that's the only advice really we can give. What dates your interview?

My interview is on Friday!
Original post by sarahurok
For the interview do we need photocopies of achieved A2 certificates? Doesnt make it really clear in the email

Yeah i think so, better be safe and photocopy it

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending