Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Suprised to see no thread but i've not ventured in the sub-forum for a while. We have the Canadian Grand Prix starting in 90 minutes.

In short we have Mercedes on the front row, Red bull 4th and 5th with Vettel in 3rd.

More importantly though, we have a cool environment with the track having seen rain earlier (low grip) and we have the potential for rain with showers very close by.

Here is the radar, race starts at 7 on SKy.

http://www.accuweather.com/en/ca/mon...er-radar/56186

ReputationRep:
    Due to work it's the second race I've actually been able to watch live so I'm really excited for it! Hopefully Vettel has decent race pace to have a bit of a fight with the Mercedes drivers. I was actually pretty surprised not to see a thread already as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Robbo-92)
    Due to work it's the second race I've actually been able to watch live so I'm really excited for it! Hopefully Vettel has decent race pace to have a bit of a fight with the Mercedes drivers. I was actually pretty surprised not to see a thread already as well.

On these tyres Vettel looks mighty with a net lead.

Radar shows a big front of rain pivoting and headed slowly to the track. Not sure it will be here in time though.

ReputationRep:
    Been a decent race so far. Vettel does look very quick on the super soft tyre's, quick enough to turn around a pit stop disadvantage though? I imagine they'll be calling Hamilton in soon, 5.9 ahead of Vettel at the moment.

• Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    That's the big question. If he pits with 20-30 laps to go how much will he gain on the fresher tyres.

His pace is decent so far though, Hamilton has only gained about 4 seconds over about 10 laps.

ReputationRep:
    It's going to be very close at the end, they've just said to expect him in within the next 5 laps so that'll give him 30 laps, hope he's been saving a bit of fuel as well to try and help at the end.

• Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Vettel came out 7 seconds behind and other cars are switching to a 2 stop. I suspect Mercedes have made the wrong call.

ReputationRep:
    Hamilton will have been saving his tyre's, who knows though, he could run out of decent grip just when Vettel gets behind him.

• Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    As is the pattern in the last 2 and a half seasons we see that Mercedes-Ferrari-Red Bull-Williams are so much faster than everybody else that they've all been lapped.

ReputationRep:
    Reckon Vettel's charge is certainly off, that Mercedes is like Red Bull between 2010-13, fantastic in clean air but struggles more in the dirty air as we've seen with Rosberg and Hamilton this season. Rosberg is flying in clean air, rapidly catching Verstappen and Bottas.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.