The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Engineering without A2 FM at ICL

I'm thinking of applying to icl for materials science and engineering chemical engineering or some other related course. Will I have much less of a chance by only doing as further maths in year 13 with fp1 m2 and m3 because my school didn't offer the a2? My a levels are physics maths and chemistry for which i think i will get A*A*A. My as predictions are AAAAAB with the b for global perspectives and the 2 extra as in biology and further maths. I'm also taking a level spanish but I'm spanish anyway (from Madrid). Oh and I'm not taking step or mat either. So yeah could my as biology+furthermaths+global perspectives make up for the lack of further maths?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by ertzgrand
I'm thinking of applying to icl for materials science and engineering chemical engineering or some other related course. Will I have much less of a chance by only doing as further maths in year 13 with fp1 m2 and m3 because my school didn't offer the a2? My a levels are physics maths and chemistry for which i think i will get A*A*A. My as predictions are AAAAAB with the b for global perspectives and the 2 extra as in biology and further maths. I'm also taking a level spanish but I'm spanish anyway (from Madrid). Oh and I'm not taking step or mat either. So yeah could my as biology+furthermaths+global perspectives make up for the lack of further maths?

It's not required, but it's desirable. If your other subjects and AS further maths are strong, then you should be able to do it.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by richpanda
It's not required, but it's desirable. If your other subjects and AS further maths are strong, then you should be able to do it.

I guess you're right. It's just that there are so many straight A* students applying that I don't feel like I could make it. Do you know what the average offer holder's grades are? And does ICL include mat in their offers for engineering?
Original post by ertzgrand
I guess you're right. It's just that there are so many straight A* students applying that I don't feel like I could make it. Do you know what the average offer holder's grades are? And does ICL include mat in their offers for engineering?

I don't think MAT is included for engineering, never heard of anyone with that kind of offer.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending