Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I was thinking of downloading spotify as I know quite a few people use it. I have my playlist on youtube atm, but was thinking of using spotify, Anyone know if its any good and worth downloading and using?? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Personally I love it. The music quality is so good. I pay 10 euro a month for it as well , (you can use it for free, but you have to shuffle play instead of playing the song you'd like to listen to.) Overall I think it's great!

ReputationRep:
    The free version is alright, however spotify premium is amazing.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    I use it too. Like the person above me, I pay for it, which means I can listen to music offline and don't have adverts ever so often.

ReputationRep:
    definitely recommend spotify! if you have an NUS student card you can get premium for £4.99 a month, otherwise its £9.99 a month, but you can get a free 30 day trial period. its a lot better than a youtube playlist

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by junayd1998)
    So I was thinking of downloading spotify as I know quite a few people use it. I have my playlist on youtube atm, but was thinking of using spotify, Anyone know if its any good and worth downloading and using?? Thanks
    Spotify's great, good quality and really convenient. 50% student discount is a bargain too

ReputationRep:
    It's awesome, especially the premium version.

ReputationRep:
    I use it so much, don't know how I got by without it :lol:

I'd definitely be spending more than £4.99 pm without it heh

ReputationRep:
    I have it and it's quite good
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    Yep it is my life. Ever since I switched to Android, I got rid of Apple Music and went to Spotify. I get a student discount of £4.99 for the premium and usually it is £9.99. I like seeing what my friends are listening to lol and listening to new music.

ReputationRep:
    I have Spotify Premium and it is my life lol. If you are a student it only costs like £5 a month which is ridiculously good considering you basically get every song there is and can even save them on your phone Spotify Free is good, but the advertisements are sometimes annoying and trying to use Spotify Free on your phone is just not worth doing as it restricts you so much though.

ReputationRep:
    I had spotify premium for a while, but stopped when I realised it's pretty much the same price as Netflix every month which seems a lot to listen to 'free' music. I'm not a big fan of the Spotify freemium, but if it peaks your interest, then definitely worth trying!

ReputationRep:
    If you're a student, using UNIDAYS you can get it half price each month so it's more like £4.50, far more affordable!

ReputationRep:
    It's definitely worth it!

ReputationRep:
    Spotify is great but I stick with the free version on my computer as I like to download all my music too. It doesn't quite have all the Hindi and Punjabi music I like but I enjoy using it to discover music in other genres. Great for Hip-Hop, R&B and House.

ReputationRep:
    Spotify is great and have good quality.

ReputationRep:
    Get it, you won't regret it.
    Youtube playlists are utterly awful - you'll learn this when you come to installing and purchasing Spotify Premium.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 14, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.