Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I'm sitting my A levels currently, and I'm planning on going to Southampton (firm). However, I have now realised that I am completely uninterested in the course I have an offer for and really want to change it. Any ideas what the best way to do this is? Should I just ring them on results day? It is still a social science I want to do, just a different one!
    Thanks
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by carxto)
    So I'm sitting my A levels currently, and I'm planning on going to Southampton (firm). However, I have now realised that I am completely uninterested in the course I have an offer for and really want to change it. Any ideas what the best way to do this is? Should I just ring them on results day? It is still a social science I want to do, just a different one!
    Thanks
    Call them asap to ask for a change, results day will be too late.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    Call them asap to ask for a change, results day will be too late.
    I'm worried that my offer will change though? Surely if i just call them through adjustment on results day I will be able to change course? I want to see what I get first before I make my decision
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by carxto)
    I'm worried that my offer will change though? Surely if i just call them through adjustment on results day I will be able to change course? I want to see what I get first before I make my decision
    If you wait you run the risk of there being no places on the course you want left, if you can accept that risk and would then be happy with your current course choice then fair enough wait.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.