Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

how do you know if you've been disqualified from an exam? Watch

ReputationRep:
    someone spoke to me on the way in and i stupidly replied... the invigilator was quite harsh but how do i know if he was planning to report us ? and if he did will we be likely to get disqualified?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheKT)
    someone spoke to me on the way in and i stupidly replied... the invigilator was quite harsh but how do i know if he was planning to report us ? and if he did will we be likely to get disqualified?
    You won't ever be disqualified for speaking to someone on the way in before anyone has looked at the paper and before the exam has begun.
    You might be disqualified for speaking to someone during the exam, if you were being reported for malpractice your centre would tell you immediately.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    will i get disqualified if my phone went off during the exam but non of the invigilators noticed could i get disqualified after the exam if they found out?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IMDUMB)
    will i get disqualified if my phone went off during the exam but non of the invigilators noticed could i get disqualified after the exam if they found out?
    as a student U will be told if u r disqualified.

ReputationRep:
    If your phone goes off but nobody from the exams staff notice then no action will be taken - if someone else reports it or a rumour reaches them then the worst that can happen is you get told you are an idiot and don't let it happen again.
    If your phone goes off and they do notice but the phone was in your bag and not in your possession then again a harsh word is the likely outcome. If they choose to report it then almost certainly nothing would come of it and you'll at worst get a warning from the examiners.
    You are only likely to be disqualified if a phone is discovered in your possession, even if switched off.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by homoe)
    my dad works with the exam board i can check for you
    Son, for something like this I'd have to say you will be disqualified as it breaches the rule 5c section 8, regarding interactions between students

ReputationRep:
    well there's your answer sorry man

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by homoe)
    well there's your answer sorry man
    Having two accounts so you can have a silly conversation with yourself is likely to lead to a ban from TSR

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gdunne42)
    Having two accounts so you can have a silly conversation with yourself is likely to lead to a ban from TSR

Posted from TSR Mobile
    not the same account but whatever xd

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gdunne42)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    don't be an account nazi i dont even know who homo is

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pretish)
    as a student U will be told if u r disqualified.
    Is is possible to be told on the day of your results or after the exam. Do they have to say if you have been disqualified on the day of the exam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adamburgess38)
    Is is possible to be told on the day of your results or after the exam. Do they have to say if you have been disqualified on the day of the exam.
    they have to tell u

ReputationRep:
    if all the papers were collected in they cant disqualify you. if you did get disqualified you would probably be called to the office on the same day

ReputationRep:
    i got my results and i was not disqualified for science
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    i got my results and i was not disqualified for science
    Turns out OP did get disqualified. He went on to work with Elon Musk though on the new Tesla project on how to teleport into your crush's bathroom while she is having a shower.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.