Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey, this sounds like a silly topic but I've bought a top online, its too small but I've missed the returns date so ive decided ill try and make it fit haha. Its a plunge crop top and its really pretty but it doesn't fit around my bust, its too small. It fits around my ribs if that makes sense, but the triangle bit is too small. So I was wondering if there are any fashion helpers that could guide me into making this fit? I'm up for sewing and everything so any help would be amazing because I don't know where to start!

Heres a little description of the top: Thin straps, plunge front with a slight cross over and then a band around underneath the bust(the bit that fits).

Thank you! x

ReputationRep:
    I suppose you could try carefully undoing the seams on each side, about halfway down, and sew them back together with less fabric folded inside. If that makes sense? Or maybe try lengthening the straps? No fashion expert myself but I know your pain!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Hellie__)
    Hey, this sounds like a silly topic but I've bought a top online, its too small but I've missed the returns date so ive decided ill try and make it fit haha. Its a plunge crop top and its really pretty but it doesn't fit around my bust, its too small. It fits around my ribs if that makes sense, but the triangle bit is too small. So I was wondering if there are any fashion helpers that could guide me into making this fit? I'm up for sewing and everything so any help would be amazing because I don't know where to start!

Heres a little description of the top: Thin straps, plunge front with a slight cross over and then a band around underneath the bust(the bit that fits).

Thank you! x
    You could try adding some binding around the cups, but this can look messy unless your top is a dark colour. A nice idea might be to add some lace as you can get quite thick lace trimming if need be and just hand sew it to the inside of the cups. You'd need some reasonably thick lace, nothing too flimsy or it will just curl up.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Hellie__)

Thank you! x
    What material?

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.