Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Im currently in year 10 and I do all three sciences seperately. In year 9, we done mock ISA's but I didn't do so great on them. Next week, we are starting our chemistry mock ISA which is based on electrolysis (we've been told), then a few weeks after we are doing the real thing. I have no idea of what I'm doing and I would really appreciate some help with literally everything to do with ISA's. I think we are doing AQA if that's any help. Any idea how to get full marks on them? How many papers are there? How will the whole ISA work be structured, like what comes first?

Any help is great, thank you!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jasminexw)
    Im currently in year 10 and I do all three sciences seperately. In year 9, we done mock ISA's but I didn't do so great on them. Next week, we are starting our chemistry mock ISA which is based on electrolysis (we've been told), then a few weeks after we are doing the real thing. I have no idea of what I'm doing and I would really appreciate some help with literally everything to do with ISA's. I think we are doing AQA if that's any help. Any idea how to get full marks on them? How many papers are there? How will the whole ISA work be structured, like what comes first?

Any help is great, thank you!!!!!
    This first ISA mock I did in year 9 I got a C which scared me so much but honestly it's not as bad as you think!
    Next week you will literally (depends on your teacher) be told what to write on the preparation sheets like the hypothesis & explantion etc. You'll be given some sources probably with the method on and it's just a matter of copying it down (changing a few words). So for your actual ISA exam a lot of it is just memory work or copying from your preparation sheet.. It's honestly not bad and you will get loads of preparing time good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.