Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Anyone have an idea as to whats coming up in paper 2 for physics?

Thanks if you comment and help!👍
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    (Original post by tadpole1441)
    Anyone have an idea as to whats coming up in paper 2 for physics?

Thanks if you comment and help!👍
    I'm going to move this into the Physics exams forum so you can hopefully get a reply to this. There may be a thread in there already about this exam so have a look: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=372

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Black Rose)
    I'm going to move this into the Physics exams forum so you can hopefully get a reply to this. There may be a thread in there already about this exam so have a look: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=372
    Thanks, I'm new to TSR so don't really know how everything works so thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Alright I hope someone has some pointers for this, would appreciate if someone has any predictions for chemistry as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous ! :))
    Alright I hope someone has some pointers for this, would appreciate if someone has any predictions for chemistry as well
    My top list of ideas for paper 2.
    It's by no means a definitive list, and don't rule out overlap of paper 1 material in places.
    • Testing for ions - flame tests, solution tests etc
    • paper chromatography - method and errors in the method, measuring and calculating the Rf factor, comparing to gas chromatography
    • Measuring energy changes in reactions, use of Q = mc delta T , experimental errors when using a copper calorimeter for measuring energy released from a fuel, or not using a polystyrene cup when measuring enthalpy change of a solution
    • bond energy calculations
    • Extracting metals - phytomining, bioleaching, alloys - properties
    • alternative fuels, evaluating fuels, method of fermentation for making ethanol
    • Rates of reaction experiments, explaining results in terms of collision theory
    • diffusion and diffusion related experiments
    • Titrations - how to do the method, using results from a titration, reading a value from a burette, and a calculation using n=cV
    • water treatment
    • percentage yield calculation, reasons for low percentage yield, ways of reducing loss of product etc
    • pollution from burning fuels - effects on the environment, comparing fuels
    • thermosoftening, thermosetting polymers, hdpe. Ldpe
    • drawing dot and cross diagrams
    • giant covalent structures
    • esters , carboxylic acids, alcohols - reactions of
      In general, systematic errors or random errors - suggesting a reason for error, anomalous results and calculating a mean - how to improve accuracy by calculating a mean and discarding averages
    Hope it helps

ReputationRep:
    My top list of ideas for paper 2.
    It's by no means a definitive list, and don't rule out overlap of paper 1 material in places.
    • Testing for ions - flame tests, solution tests etc
    • paper chromatography - method and errors in the method, measuring and calculating the Rf factor, comparing to gas chromatography
    • Measuring energy changes in reactions, use of Q = mc delta T , experimental errors when using a copper calorimeter for measuring energy released from a fuel, or not using a polystyrene cup when measuring enthalpy change of a solution
    • bond energy calculations
    • Extracting metals - phytomining, bioleaching, alloys - properties
    • alternative fuels, evaluating fuels, method of fermentation for making ethanol
    • Rates of reaction experiments, explaining results in terms of collision theory
    • diffusion and diffusion related experiments
    • Titrations - how to do the method, using results from a titration, reading a value from a burette, and a calculation using n=cV
    • water treatment
    • percentage yield calculation, reasons for low percentage yield, ways of reducing loss of product etc
    • pollution from burning fuels - effects on the environment, comparing fuels
    • thermosoftening, thermosetting polymers, hdpe. Ldpe
    • drawing dot and cross diagrams
    • giant covalent structures
    • esters , carboxylic acids, alcohols - reactions of
      In general, systematic errors or random errors - suggesting a reason for error, anomalous results and calculating a mean - how to improve accuracy by calculating a mean and discarding averages
    Hope it helps
    oh nice thanks, gonna start my revision now got like 2-3 hrs ahah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous ! :))
    oh nice thanks, gonna start my revision now got like 2-3 hrs ahah
    How was it for you? Titrations and chromotography came up so the grade boundaries should be pretty low.

ReputationRep:
    Chemistry was hard, will be low grade boundaries. Anyone prepared for tomorrows physics? Im not

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamieTheb)
    Chemistry was hard, will be low grade boundaries. Anyone prepared for tomorrows physics? Im not
    Try to do two past papers today for the physics exam, see what you get in them and revise the stuff you get wrong from the mark scheme, textbook (revision guide) and Youtube. If you can fit in a third paper then do it, depends on how motivated you are😂. Trust me it will stand you in good stead for the exam.👍

ReputationRep:
    Try to do two past papers today for the physics exam, see what you get in them and revise the stuff you get wrong from the mark scheme, textbook (revision guide) and Youtube. If you can fit in a third paper then do it, depends on how motivated you are😂. Trust me it will stand you in good stead for the exam.👍
    Haha ill try my best, thank you and good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamieTheb)
    Haha ill try my best, thank you and good luck
    Gl bro👍👌

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.