Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying to do economics in the coming year, without A level maths. Surrey, Exeter and Birmingham seem to be the best I could reach without maths, and are all definitely at the top end of the grades I could reasonably expect. As such, I'll likely apply to just one of them (two if my AS's surprise me).

Which would I be best going for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kyledean99)
    I'm applying to do economics in the coming year, without A level maths. Surrey, Exeter and Birmingham seem to be the best I could reach without maths, and are all definitely at the top end of the grades I could reasonably expect. As such, I'll likely apply to just one of them (two if my AS's surprise me).

Which would I be best going for?
    Surrey is more linient, has a stronger economics department than b'ham, has a very very high graduate starting salary and graduate prospects (due to the emphasis on doing a year in industry).

exeter and birmingham ham r highly respectable unis that are russell group. exeter is less linient than surrey than b'ham and has a stronger economics department than surrey however their graduate prospects are not as high which is confusing.depends on you and what u feel comfortable with.surrey however is not as respectable than the two because it is relatively new. however, in a few years i beleive it will gain a reputation of being a leading university and will become a Russel group

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.