Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is the National Rifle Association a terrorist Organisation? Watch

ReputationRep:
    From what I understand it "buys" democracy by labelling each congressmen a "meanie" if they vote against gun control and a "goodie" if they let you buy a gun over the counter. They will fund (with big amounts) anyone who stands against a "controlling meanie".

In effect they are destroying democracy in the USA, enslaving the people, and at the bottom end , killing them.

From what I understand the NRA makes a profit out of selling the guns to the guy who shot dead 50 people and probably from all the deaths in the USA, including the all the children and teenagers.

Its about time the authorities took down this evil organisation.

ReputationRep:
    No, no-matter how despicable they are we can't just go throwing around the 'They're racist!' label as we please. They're a despicable organisation but they're anything but terrorists. Hell, in their own minds they think of themselves as the truest/purest American patriots, protecting the second ammendment.

The terrorists are the ones carrying out the atrocities.

Organisations like the NRA are just full of hotheads who feel that they're doing what is in the best interests of their country when in reality that's not true and their failure to allow Obama and other presidents to have greater control of firearms may have had a small chance of reducing such an event, but someone who is determined and crazy enough will always find a way to carry out such a horrible crime.

Best regards
    Francis

ReputationRep:
    #blameanybodybutislam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Francis Urquhart)
    No, no-matter how despicable they are we can't just go throwing around the 'They're racist!' label as we please. They're a despicable organisation but they're anything but terrorists. Hell, in their own minds they think of themselves as the truest/purest American patriots, protecting the second ammendment.

The terrorists are the ones carrying out the atrocities.

Organisations like the NRA are just full of hotheads who feel that they're doing what is in the best interests of their country when in reality that's not true and their failure to allow Obama and other presidents to have greater control of firearms may have had a small chance of reducing such an event, but someone who is determined and crazy enough will always find a way to carry out such a horrible crime.

Best regards
    Francis
    You obviously have not read a bit about some of the board members of the NRA:

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/...selleck-nugent

"
    Robert K. Brown
    The former Special Forces soldier and big-game hunter is the founder and publisher of Soldier of Fortune, which was sued in the late '80s for running want ads for mercenaries and guns for hire.

"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FredOrJohn)
    You obviously have not read a bit about some of the board members of the NRA:

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/...selleck-nugent

"
    Robert K. Brown
    The former Special Forces soldier and big-game hunter is the founder and publisher of Soldier of Fortune, which was sued in the late '80s for running want ads for mercenaries and guns for hire.

"
    Actually i know quite a lot about them, but branding them terrorists helps nobody, especially when it's unjustified. Throwing around labels never helped anyone. The fact is that you need to communicate with those people on the board instead of just trying to discredit them.

I don't like them much at all, however at least i'm wise enough to know that it's better the devil you know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Francis Urquhart)
    Actually i know quite a lot about them, but branding them terrorists helps nobody, especially when it's unjustified. Throwing around labels never helped anyone. The fact is that you need to communicate with those people on the board instead of just trying to discredit them.

I don't like them much at all, however at least i'm wise enough to know that it's better the devil you know.
    I can **** them off all i want as I don't live in the USA and have zero ability at changing anything there and would not want to as its not my country. I'm pretty sure people in the USA quite often give a bit of ribbing to the EU / France / Germany etc etc whenever

I'm just saying how i think it is, but to be honest based on a couple of episodes of "House of Cards" where it was shown that the entire congress was scared shiitless of the NRA.

ReputationRep:
    The US Senator for Florida was given a B+ by the NRA.

I wonder what would have happened if it was an A* - 200 murders?

ReputationRep:
    No. They're not trying to achieve political aims by violent means. They're a (somewhat misguided) lobbying organisation.

ReputationRep:
    no, they lobby just like all these other interest groups do
    car companies in this sense cause the deaths of people on the road, and they profit from it - are they terrorists too?
    what about people who sell alcohol and cigarettes (and lobby the state for their interests)?
    etc

the only terrorists are the terrorists
    if a terrorist uses a hammer, or an axe, to implement their aims, are the tool company to blame?
    if the terrorist used public roads to get to the gay club, are the road-paving companies to blame for assisting terrorism?

I know you're from the UK where you've never experienced guns *not* being illegal, so obviously you're not going to like guns because of your environment that you never chose, but try to get some understanding - switzerland, for instance, has more guns than the US, yet they don't have all these crimes. these crimes, wherever you are, will always be agent-centric; if these terrorists want to kill people, they will either get a gun illegally, or they'll simply use a legal weapon.

ReputationRep:
    They lobby and attempt to influence public policy in their favour. This is very different from, say, ISIS which attempts to overthrow the current system of governments for a Caliphate.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.