The Student Room Group

No UMS for CIE Alevels

Hi. For international A-Levels, CIE does not issue UMS. We only get a Percentage Uniform Mark and raw marks that are not in accordance with grade thresholds. So if I get 45/75 in an exam, according to the grade thresholds this would be a B. But when I send this to Cambridge(I'm an offerholder and have been told to send UMS if I miss my offer), they'll see it as a C.

So how do Cambridge view raw marks and PUM? Say I miss my offer in a subject by 4-5 marks, will they have a look at grade thresholds for that subject to consider my performance contextually? Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by Limecake
Hi. For international A-Levels, CIE does not issue UMS. We only get a Percentage Uniform Mark and raw marks that are not in accordance with grade thresholds. So if I get 45/75 in an exam, according to the grade thresholds this would be a B. But when I send this to Cambridge(I'm an offerholder and have been told to send UMS if I miss my offer), they'll see it as a C.

So how do Cambridge view raw marks and PUM? Say I miss my offer in a subject by 4-5 marks, will they have a look at grade thresholds for that subject to consider my performance contextually? Thanks

They are fully aware of PUMS.
Reply 2
Original post by jneill
They are fully aware of PUMS.

Okay thank you. So they only take PUMS and not raw marks into account?
Reply 3
Original post by Limecake
Okay thank you. So they only take PUMS and not raw marks into account?

I have no idea, but just send all the information you have if you miss your Offer.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending