Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm not exactly sure how to start this but I need help. I'm currently 18 and this is my second time failing college. During my first year, i did 4 A levels and ended up dropping out 3 and i received a D in english literature which frankly, is not going to do me any good. I applied to change courses and redo my first year, this time, i chose to do Btec it level 3 extended diploma. It was going quite well in the beginning but then everything started to fall apart with my depression and anxiety and now im pretty much failing. I dont know what to do and i can't exactly talk to my family because i have a hard time talking to anyone in general. I'm so ashamed with myself. I actually did well in school, i achieved a few A*s and As.

I need help what can i do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chizu)
    I'm not exactly sure how to start this but I need help. I'm currently 18 and this is my second time failing college. During my first year, i did 4 A levels and ended up dropping out 3 and i received a D in english literature which frankly, is not going to do me any good. I applied to change courses and redo my first year, this time, i chose to do Btec it level 3 extended diploma. It was going quite well in the beginning but then everything started to fall apart with my depression and anxiety and now im pretty much failing. I dont know what to do and i can't exactly talk to my family because i have a hard time talking to anyone in general. I'm so ashamed with myself. I actually did well in school, i achieved a few A*s and As.

I need help what can i do?
    Hey!

The only advice I can think to give is to help you get over or deal with your anxiety for your tests;

Take a time-out. Practice yoga, listen to music, meditate, get amassage, or learn relaxation techniques. Stepping back from the problem helpsclear your head.
    Eat well-balanced meals. Do not skip any meals. Do keephealthful, energy-boosting snacks on hand.
    Limit alcohol and caffeine, which can aggravate anxiety andtrigger panic attacks.
    Get enough sleep. When stressed, your body needs additional sleep andrest.
    Exercise daily to help you feel good and maintain your health.Check out the fitness tips below.
    Take deep breaths. Inhale and exhale slowly.
    Count to 10 slowly. Repeat, and count to 20 ifnecessary.
    Do your best. Instead of aiming for perfection,which isn't possible, be proud of however close you get.
    Accept that you cannot control everything.Put your stress in perspective: Is it really as bad as you think?
    Welcome humor. A good laugh goes a long way.
    Maintain a positive attitude. Make an effort to replace negativethoughts with positive ones.
    Get involved. Volunteer or find another way to be active in yourcommunity, which creates a support network and gives you a break from everydaystress.
    Learn what triggers your anxiety. Is it work, family, school, or something else youcan identify? Write in a journal when you’re feeling stressed or anxious, andlook for a pattern.
    Talk to someone. Tell friends and family you’re feeling overwhelmed,and let them know how they can help you. Talk to a physician or therapist for professional help.

Just remember there is always support out there for you and someone out there is always going through a similar thing, It may even help if you talk to someone in a similar situation than you.Hope this helps and good luck!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.