Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So student finance responded back to me with the amount i can gain and i am a little confused, they said i could loan for my maintenance up to a full amount of £8,460 and now that they have returned i am only getting £3,821 despite my parents earning less than £25,000 a year am i not understanding something on the website or is this a mistake?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Have your parents submitted their evidence of their income?

ReputationRep:
    They both submitted it online and then my father got asked to send in a copy of the document or something because they didn't believe him/wanted to verify and so he did i believe they would have received it and used it off that because only my father works in the house.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    It can take a few weeks for them to process the evidence you send them.

When did you send it? If it was more than a month ago, I'd phone up and check.

ReputationRep:
    It was sent probably around 3-4 Weeks ago but it seems like it would have been processed seeing as they updated my student finance page today saying we will give you £9000 for your university and £3,821 paid to you for your maintenance loan in three payments of £1,260.93, £1,260.93 and £1,299.14.

ReputationRep:
    Okay so we checked my fathers student finance account and it says to send us evidence of your income so i assume they haven't received or processed that part of it yet would my maintenance loan income be changed then once hes has been processed?

ReputationRep:
    We just read through it more actually and they have said on the 7th of June that they still haven't received the financial documents despite us sending them weeks ago. I am very confused on if its been lost in the post or if they've misplaced it, should we send another copy just incase?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.